The Device Specialist I is an entry level position. Initially under closer supervision, incumbents learn and perform a variety of technical installation and maintenance duties of increasing complexity. We are looking for an energetic, growth centric candidate that values education and team environments.
Who we are:
Summit Public Schools is a leading charter management organization serving diverse communities in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington State with currently 11 schools serving over 3,100 students. Summit’s mission is to ensure that every student has the opportunity to not only attend, but succeed in, a four-year college or university. Driven by our unwavering commitment to our core values, Summit works every day to ensure our students are receiving a world-class education. We seek phenomenal individuals with the talents needed to transform children's lives, as well as those who are interested in working on the cutting edge of education. If you're excited by the prospect of transformative growth for yourself, as well as the students, schools, and communities we serve, Summit may be the place for you!
99 percent of Summit students have been accepted to one or more four-year colleges, and its graduates are completing college at double the national averageFast Company named Summit Public Schools a top 10 most innovative organization in educationOur two flagship schools, Summit Prep and Everest, are named among US News & World Report's Best High Schools of 2015, and also ranked among America's Most Challenging High Schools by the Washington Post
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Configure, install, repair, troubleshoot, and maintain computer software, hardware, networks, and related equipment in a variety of settings to assure efficient operation and prevent service interruptions
- Assist faculty with testing, suggesting new technologies that enable and or enhance academic performance
- Collaborate with team to discuss issues, enhancements or system improvements for one or multiple schools.
- Provide occasional updates to school leaders about ongoing technology operations and or major issues
- Manage shipping, receiving of technology purchases, verifies contents and submits packing slips to manager
- Administer password resets for Google Apps student accounts
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and/or process warranty and non-warranty repair work (Chromebooks/laptops)
- Maintain and update technical skills, aligned to the needs of the schools
- Process, configure, and customize laptops for new and existing faculty
- Work and document all help desk tickets submitted via ticketing system
- Inventory and asset tag information technology equipment, including devices and networking equipment
- Assist in school online testing and assessment
- Assist with device moves, adds, and changes when requested by school leadership
- Proactively address issues and is a team contributor
- Clearly document all reported issues thoroughly in Samanage ticket system
- Assist in investigating reported student cyberbullying or online harassment
- Leads mini device technology projects as related to larger technology initiatives
- Assigned to two schools as technical point person for all devices related issues
Key Qualities and Skills:
- Attention to detail and meticulous ownership and upkeep of owned systems and processes.
- Follow-up on communicated information both internal to the team and external to the organizational partners.
- Own triage of tickets and assist with getting critical information to system owners.
- Thrive in fast paced environments and is focused on being proactive
- Innovate systems and processes within own domain and encourage others to do the same.
- AA/AS required BA/BS preferred
- 0-3 years of related experience
- Meet health clearance, pass the reference and background/criminal checks, per education code
- Able to lift and carry at least 25 lbs