Device Supervisor is an mid-level position that owns core systems and responsibilities of the Technology Team and will be charged with administrative overhead of summer interns, new product features, documentation requests, and assisting the Device Manager with additional responsibilities. This position will serve as the first triage point for device related issues and configuration requests and reports directly to the Device Manager.
Who we are:
Summit Public Schools is a leading charter management organization serving diverse communities in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington State with currently 11 schools serving over 3,100 students. Summit’s mission is to ensure that every student has the opportunity to not only attend, but succeed in, a four-year college or university. Driven by our unwavering commitment to our core values, Summit works every day to ensure our students are receiving a world-class education. We seek phenomenal individuals with the talents needed to transform children's lives, as well as those who are interested in working on the cutting edge of education. If you're excited by the prospect of transformative growth for yourself, as well as the students, schools, and communities we serve, Summit may be the place for you!
- 99 percent of Summit students have been accepted to one or more four-year colleges, and its graduates are completing college at double the national average
- Fast Company named Summit Public Schools a top 10 most innovative organization in education
- Our two flagship schools, Summit Prep and Everest, are named among US News & World Report's Best High Schools of 2015, and also ranked among America's Most Challenging High Schools by the Washington Post
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide occasional updates to school leader about ongoing technology operations and or major issues
- Manages shipping, receiving of technology purchases/ verifies content and submits pack slips to finance
- Maintains and updates technical skills, aligned to the needs of the schools
- Oversees inventory of stored and deployed technology equipment, maintaining records of asset tags to ensure accuracy and clarity for audits
- Tracks all schools use of technology equipment and inventory levels
- Facilitate the troubleshooting and repair of all school technologies including warranties.
- Repair/upgrade/configure student and faculty laptops as needed.
- Assists in investigating reported student cyberbullying or online harassment
- Leads mini device technology projects as related to larger technology initiatives
- Works collaboratively with the network team on multiple projects
- Supervises interns tasked with processing large volume equipment deployments and maintenance work
- Mentors/interviews/onboards new device specialists and summer interns
- Develops documentation for processes & procedures, and equipment information tracking
- High standard of work quality detailed oriented, and continued growth mindset
- Ensures thorough leverage of Samanage and owns all facets of system including configuration.
- Be proactive about cross team relationships and develop positive rapport
- Stay informed about Device Team core systems and hardware for upcoming vendor changes or new features.
- Provide input on asset lifecycles and regular maintenance suggestions.
Key Qualities and Skills:
- Attention to detail and meticulous ownership and upkeep of owned systems and processes.
- Follow-up on communicated information both internal to the team and external to the organizational partners.
- Own triage of tickets and assist with getting critical information to system owners.
- Be proactive in communication with teammates and ensure follow up.
- Thrive in fast paced environments and is focus on being proactive
- Innovate systems and processes within own domain and encourage others to do the same.
- AA/AS required BA/BS preferred
- 2-3 years of related experience
- Has a driver’s license and insurance and is able to travel to Summit’s schools
- Meet health clearance, pass the reference and background/criminal checks, per education code
- Able to lift and carry at least 25 lbs