Summit Public Schools is seeking a Talent Associate who will play an integral role in supporting the growth of our schools and network-support staff. The Talent Associate will work to ensure that a robust talent pipeline is in place to facilitate the fulfillment of our mission, continued excellence at our schools, and meet regional growth objectives. The ideal candidate is strategic and results-oriented, excels at critical thinking, has exceptional interpersonal and recruiting skills, and a track record of customer service orientation. The candidate must be a highly motivated individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and wants to positively impact the lives of students by improving K-12 public education. The Talent Associate will report to the Director of Recruitment & Selection. The position is based in Redwood City, CA.
Who We Are:
Summit Public Schools is a leading charter management organization serving diverse communities in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington State with currently 11 schools serving over 3,000 students. Summit’s mission is to ensure that every student has the opportunity to not only attend, but succeed in, a four-year college or university. Through the Summit Basecamp Program, we have partnered with over 100 public schools in twenty-seven states and the District of Columbia, and are providing over 20,000 students a truly personalized learning experience. Summit’s mission is to ensure that every student has the opportunity to not only attend, but succeed in, a four-year college or university.
Driven by our unwavering commitment to our core values, Summit works every day to ensure our students are receiving a world-class education. Summit seeks phenomenal individuals with the talents needed to transform children's lives, as well as those who are interested in working on the cutting edge of education. If you're excited by the prospect of transformative growth for yourself, as well as the students, schools, and communities we serve, Summit may be the place for you!
- 99 percent of Summit students have been accepted to one or more four-year colleges, and its graduates are completing college at double the national average
- Fast Company named Summit Public Schools a top 10 most innovative organization in education
- Our two flagship schools, Summit Prep and Everest, are named among US News & World Report's Best High Schools of 2015, and also ranked among America's Most Challenging High Schools by the Washington Post
- Summit Sierra, in Seattle, was named one of the most innovative schools in the world
The Talent Associate is responsible for planning and executing outreach and onboarding strategies for a diverse group teachers, school leaders and education professionals.
Primary responsibilities include:
Recruitment & Selection
- Develop relationships with prospective talent that yield lasting results; serving as a compelling ambassador of Summit Public Schools in a variety of settings, from 1:1 conversations with prospects to attending relevant career-fairs
- Oversee communication with Summit Public School’s external candidates, scheduling interviews and management of logistics for offers from multiple teams
- Coordinate logistics for events, travel, job postings and interview experiences
- Propose and manage new recruiting initiatives as appropriate
- Monitor the progress of prospective candidates through the recruitment process, including ensuring timely communications, managing cultivation and selection data in database system, and using data to drive change in efforts
- Create media-rich collateral for website and social media that effectively communicates the Summit teacher experience
- Develop and manage online social media campaigns to generate candidate applications and employee referrals
This position is based in the Bay Area, requires frequent travel throughout the Bay Area, and may require occasional travel to other regions.
Key Qualities and Skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge and support of Summit Public Schools mission, values, and standards
- The fundamental belief that all children can succeed in college and life
- Deep commitment to continuous improvement
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate in a persuasive capacity when speaking to candidates
- Self starter who takes initiative to solve problems
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Superb computer skills, including Google Apps and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous experience in education
- Willingness to travel regularly in California and occasionally to other regions
- Meet health clearance, and pass the reference, background/criminal checks, per education code