We are currently looking to hire a dynamic, team oriented, technical, and student/faculty focused “Network Administrator I” for Summit Public Schools. The successful candidate will work closely with technical specialists, in order to troubleshoot, repair, and operate technology systems and administer networking equipment. The position requires a number of different skill sets, including excellent time management skills, a deep knowledge of current and leading edge technologies, and both strong networking and technical troubleshooting skills. This network administrator reports directly to the Network Manager with a dotted line report to the Device Manager and works on location, through various campuses.
As the position offers many challenges, applicants should demonstrate flexibility and innovation in responding to a number of technology puzzles, along with a willingness to roll up their sleeves and hit the ground running. The post will provide a great deal of growth and opportunity for the right candidate.
Who we are:
Summit Public Schools is a leading charter management organization serving diverse communities in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington State with currently 11 schools serving over 3,100 students. Summit’s mission is to ensure that every student has the opportunity to not only attend, but succeed in, a four-year college or university. Driven by our unwavering commitment to our core values, Summit works every day to ensure our students are receiving a world-class education. We seek phenomenal individuals with the talents needed to transform children's lives, as well as those who are interested in working on the cutting edge of education. If you're excited by the prospect of transformative growth for yourself, as well as the students, schools, and communities we serve, Summit may be the place for you!
- 99 percent of Summit students have been accepted to one or more four-year colleges, and its graduates are completing college at double the national average
- Fast Company named Summit Public Schools a top 10 most innovative organization in education
- Our two flagship schools, Summit Prep and Everest, are named among US News & World Report's Best High Schools of 2015, and also ranked among America's Most Challenging High Schools by the Washington Post
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots complex network, system hardware, and assists individual users regarding system or software problems.
- Maintenance of network components: virtual servers, storage, databases.
- Monitoring network performance and completing network performance tuning.
- Create, update, and close tech support cases using Summit Helpdesk System.
- Provide courteous and professional Technical Support/Customer Service to faculty and students.
- Manage Network Devices including: Switches, Access Points, DNS, DHCP, and Wireless Controllers. Other devices may include networked printers, copiers, and scanners.
- Support Network Servers including: DNS, Clonezilla, NAS, and VMware.
- Support AWS server infrastructure
- Ensure a 99% network uptime.
- Assist with monthly schedule network maintenance.
- Must be willing to travel to and from multiple school locations.
- Participate in meetings, providing input and suggestions.
- Document clearly and concisely all issues as well as moves, adds, and changes.
- Some basic desktop support work.
- Solid understanding of network protocols including DHCP, DNS,LANs, Vlans, WANs, WLANs, Trunking TCP/IP, 802.1x authentication, QOS, and VPN Tunnels.
- Ability to troubleshoot wireless infrastructure and devices such a Wi-Fi analyzer.
- Working knowledge of Windows, Ubuntu, and ChromeOS.
- Experience with virtualization software and services such as VMware.
- Strong ability to work effectively in teams.
- Excellent oral, written communication, leadership and collaboration skills.
- Must have strong analytical skills and ability to think strategically.
- Enthusiasm to learn and have fun.
- Knowledge of MacOS is nice to have.
Additional skills Preferred:
- Ability to prioritize job duties.
- Strong improvisational skills.
- Ability to think outside of the box to find solutions to difficult situations.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Professionally handle stress while being bombarded with multiple problems.
- Willingness to share knowledge and improve team competencies.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- At least 3 years of technical experience is required, preferably with increasing responsibility.
- Valid Driver's license and insurance and capacity to drive to sites when needed.
- Meet health clearance, pass the reference and background/criminal checks, per education code.
- Able to lift and carry at least 25 lbs.