Director of Content Marketing, Summit Learning
The Director of Content Marketing will work in partnership with the Senior Director of Marketing and the External Engagement team to tell the Summit Learning story through engaging content. A natural storyteller with a proven ability to produce content that sparks action and growth to build a national a movement to bring personalized learning to students.
The Director of Content Marketing will lead a small team developing a content strategy and roadmap aligned to our objectives of building brand awareness and creating demand for Summit Learning for key audiences. S/he will be responsible for bringing the Summit Learning story to life in a compelling, engaging way. Specific responsibilities include leading a cross-functional content editorial calendar process; creating content including success stories, case studies, blogs, testimonials, research results and data; and delivering content for multiple audiences from educators to thought leaders in multiple formats including videos, text (blogs, reports, web content), presentations, infographics and other visuals. Excellent short and long form storytelling and writing skills are critical to success in this role.
This position calls for a passionate and experienced professional to tell the Summit Learning story by building a scalable content marketing engine to build brand awareness across audiences and generate demand for Summit Learning. This would be an ideal position for an individual aiming to apply their storytelling and content marketing skills to their passion for education.
We are looking for a self-starter who isn't afraid to take initiative and dive deeply into a new role and build new systems to scale our message and programs. This position requires a team-oriented energetic professional who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and with a strong willingness and desire to learn.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Build brand awareness and create demand for Summit Learning with key audiences including educators and through leaders with compelling, engaging content.
- Develop a content roadmap aligned to key objectives and audience interests
- Identifying content and storytelling opportunities
- Developing engaging, shareable stories and content for a variety of channels including text, video, and graphic/visual formats.
- Work collaboratively across functions to manage and deliver an effective content marketing editorial calendar and process
- Ensure content is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone.
- Understand basic best practices of social media, web and email channels and create content and formats that work best for each.
- Manage creative agencies and contractors including writers and videographers
- Work to develop scalable operations and infrastructure for content marketing
- Lead and manage a small team with 1-2 direct reports
- Represent Summit Learning in a variety of public settings and with key stakeholders
Required skills and experience:
- The fundamental belief that all children can succeed in college and life
- Demonstrated ability to develop content at scale that aligns to communication goals
- Outstanding storytelling, writing and communication skills
- Strong management and leadership skills, with the ability to motivate, inspire, develop and collaborate within and across teams
- Ability to define, develop, assess and refine based on feedback and lead scalable programs in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrates flexibility, tenacity, resourcefulness, humility, and a growth mindset
- BA or BS Degree
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in a content marketing, writing and media production.
- Experience in education a plus.
- Deep knowledge and passion for the needs of public schools and their students
- Demonstrated understanding of educational technology
- Prior experience leading a team
- Proficiency in GSuite and social media a plus
About the External Engagement Team:
Summit Public Schools’ External Engagement team leads communications, marketing and external relations for Summit Learning. This team is responsible for raising awareness of, owning and driving the story around, and generating demand for Summit Learning, as well as shaping the national landscape to create the conditions that allow for more students to have a Summit Learning experience.
This team will play an integral role in our organization’s efforts to meet the demand for personalized learning, helping to nurture a favorable public image and ensuring communities across the country know about the opportunity.
Our team will highlight the most cutting-edge practices of personalized learning and showcase how and where it is working best across the country. We will also help interested teachers and public schools across the country, regardless of community or circumstance, to realize the personalized learning approach as accessible and attainable. And where we can, we intend to help network these schools with top colleges and universities, education policymakers and top employers to increase understanding as personalized learning spreads.