We strive to grow the community of partner schools around the country that are implementing Summit Learning. We have learned that an integral part of this work is to create experiences for educators that help them to understand the vision and implementation of personalized learning. Then, as educators become knowledgeable about the Summit Learning Program, they require support as they bring their teams together to engage in our application process.
The Manager of New School Partnerships will work with the Director of New School Partnerships and the larger Summit Learning team to design and execute a variety of experiences - in-person and virtual - for prospective Summit Learning schools, including interactive workshops, webinars, and tours. The Manager of New School Partnerships is a self-directed individual who isn’t afraid to build strong, meaningful relationships from the ground up. As a self-starter, this individual thrives in a fast-paced, hands-on and collaborative work environment.
Ultimately, this individual must have a desire to positively impact the lives of America’s children. Driven by our unwavering commitment to our core values, Summit Learning aims to provide strong and compelling partnership to hundreds of schools across the country. We continue to seek phenomenal individuals with the talents needed to transform children’s lives, as well as those who are interested in working on the cutting edge of education.
Who we are:
The Summit Learning program provides teachers and schools with the resources they need to bring personalized learning into the classroom for free. This year, over 100 schools across the country are a part of the Summit Learning Program. This includes using the Summit Learning Platform as the technological backbone for the program.
Summit Learning has been developed by Summit Public Schools, a leading charter management organization serving diverse communities in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington State. Summit Public Schools currently has 10 schools in its network serving over 3,100 students. Summit’s mission is to ensure that every student has the opportunity to not only attend, but succeed in, a four-year college or university. Driven by our unwavering commitment to our core values, Summit works every day to ensure our students are receiving a world-class education. We seek phenomenal individuals with the talents needed to transform children's lives, as well as those who are interested in working on the cutting edge of education. If you're excited by the prospect of transformative growth for yourself, as well as the students, schools, and communities we serve, Summit may be the place for you!
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Create demand for Summit Learning from schools throughout the country
- Collaborate with the Director of New School Partnerships to build and execute in-person and virtual experiences that will compel others to join the Summit Learning program. These experiences include, but are not limited to:
- Presentations at conferences
- Interactive workshops
- Video chats, often including with Summit Learning Platform demos
- Create customer support processes, resources and experiences to guide Summit Learning partner schools through the application process, with an eye for scalability, customer support and excellence
- Develop and maintain systems, processes and resources to execute experiences
- Be a spokesperson for Summit Learning to internal and external stakeholders
- Use data to iterate on and strengthen the support provided to prospective Summit Learning partner schools
- Manage the sales funnel to ensure high yield of conversion for Summit Learning
- Ensure that every applicant has an excellent experience whether or not they become a Summit Learning school
Key Qualities and Skills:
- The fundamental belief that all children can succeed in college and life
- Deep commitment to continuous improvement
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage groups through fast-paced iterative design cycles
- Strong management skills, with the ability to motivate, inspire, develop and collaborate with a diverse group of leaders, teachers and faculty members
- Ability to focus on outcomes and think broadly and precisely about how to adjust structures to meet desired outcomes
- Proven ability to build and manage relationships with diverse stakeholders, including teachers, school leaders, district leaders, thought leaders and connectors in the K-12
- Ability to provide and receive honest, actionable and timely feedback that results in improved performance
- Self starter who takes initiative to solve problems
- Strong analytic skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- BA or BS Degree or international equivalent
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in marketing and sales. Experience in education a plus.
- Deep knowledge and passion for the needs of public schools and their students
- Compelling salesperson
- Demonstrated understanding of educational technology and personalized learning programs
- Adept at solving problems that span education and technology
- Ability to define, develop, assess and refine based on feedback and work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to gain trust across multiple stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills with an orientation for making data driven decisions.
- Proven ability to influence others without having positional authority
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Passion for spending time with partners in education, truly listening to them, understanding their challenges, and arriving at solutions that will work for their needs and provide scalable solutions
- Demonstrates flexibility, tenacity, resourcefulness, humility, and a growth mindset
- Proficient in Excel, Salesforce
- Travel to host in-person experiences as well as national travel for various conferences