The Manager of College Readiness supports Summit Public Schools and the Director of College Readiness on the Schools team in ensuring that students graduate from Summit Public Schools college-ready as defined by both internal and external measures. Additionally, the manager works to support post-secondary success for Summit alumni. This role supports the development of system-wide systems that are mostly executed directed by School Leaders across Summit schools.
Who we are:
Summit Public Schools is a leading charter management organization serving diverse communities in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington State with currently 11 schools serving over 3,000 students. Summit’s mission is to ensure that every student has the opportunity to not only attend, but succeed in, a four-year college or university. Driven by our unwavering commitment to our core values, Summit works every day to ensure our students are receiving a world-class education. We seek phenomenal individuals with the talents needed to transform children's lives, as well as those who are interested in working on the cutting edge of education. If you're excited by the prospect of transformative growth for yourself, as well as the students, schools, and communities we serve, Summit may be the place for you!
- 99 percent of Summit students have been accepted to one or more four-year colleges, and its graduates are completing college at double the national average
- Fast Company named Summit Public Schools a top 10 most innovative organization in education
- Our two flagship schools, Summit Prep and Everest, are named among US News & World Report's Best High Schools of 2015, and also ranked among America's Most Challenging High Schools by the Washington Post
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Collect, organize, and analyze large amounts of quantitative data for Summit alumni to track enrollment, persistence, and graduation rates
- Use social media and email outreach to regularly contact and gather information from Summit alumni
- Support the organization by providing data for reporting purposes
- Collaborate with the Director of College Readiness on specific college data needs for the application process
- Gather qualitative information from Summit alumni on their college preparedness and experience by conducting surveys, focus groups, and 1:1 interviews
- Identify regional cohorts of Summit alumni and create connections
- Identify alumni most at risk of dropping out or who have dropped out and connect them with resources they need to continue their education
Key Qualities and Skills:
- Passion for college access and equity
- Problem solving
- High level of proficiency with Excel (be comfortable with formulas, pivot tables)
- Proficiency with Illuminate
- Experience with Salesforce preferred but not required
- 2+ years experience independently managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfort with Excel and Google Docs required
- Position requires frequent travel throughout the Bay Area; occasionally travel to Washington State or other areas may be required
- Meet health clearance, and pass the reference, background/criminal checks, per Education Code.