The Manager of User Experience Research conducts user experience research on projects in alignment with Summit’s research agenda. This involves many elements of UX research, including conducting literature reviews, surveys, interviews, observations, focus groups, and other qualitative and quantitative research methods. The Manager of UX Research helps lead the definition, design, execution, communication, and follow-up of user experience research within supported projects, ensuring all aspects of the project are completed in accordance with the needs of the users of the research. The Manager of UX Research thus collaborates closely with the Senior Director of Research and the Director of UX Research, as well as the project manager for specific research projects and other users of the research. The Manager of UX Research also contributes to the sharing of research insights and expertise across Summit’s research team.
Who we are:
Summit Public Schools is a leading charter management organization serving diverse communities in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington State with currently 11 schools serving over 3000 students. Summit’s mission is to ensure that every student has the opportunity to not only attend, but succeed in, a four-year college or university. Driven by our unwavering commitment to our core values, Summit works every day to ensure our students are receiving a world-class education. We seek phenomenal individuals with the talents needed to transform children's lives, as well as those who are interested in working on the cutting edge of education. If you're excited by the prospect of transformative growth for yourself, as well as the students, schools, and communities we serve, Summit may be the place for you!
- 99 percent of Summit students have been accepted to one or more four-year colleges, and our graduates are completing college at double the national average.
- Fast Company named Summit Public Schools a top 10 most innovative organization in education
- Our two flagship schools, Summit Prep and Everest, are named among US News & World Report's Best High Schools of 2015, and also ranked among America's Most Challenging High Schools by the Washington Post.
- Summit has a fully Common Core aligned curriculum, and has worked with university, technology, and non-profit partners to continually improve. This curriculum is made available for free to our many Basecamp partners across the nation and, soon, around the world. You can explore the curriculum here, using the demo code jnqgwbct.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Key Qualities and Skills:
At Summit, we use the research-based Educator Skills Rubric to define and make transparent areas of professional strength and areas for focus. Each role at Summit is mapped to this rubric, which becomes a key data point in hiring, and central to professional development and retention.
Essential skills include:
- Data analysis
- Strategic planning
- Progress monitoring
- Creating appropriate supports
- Strategic communication
- Responsive communication
Additionally, we greatly value Habits of Success, including emotional intelligence and an orientation towards learning, holding high expectations, and supporting others.
- Meet health clearance, and pass the reference, background/criminal checks, per education code.
- Must have at least a bachelor’s degree (a Master’s Degree in Education or in a qualitative research based field (e.g., Psychology, Social Science, Anthropology, Information Science, etc.) preferred)
- Expertise and experience in qualitative research: focus groups, ethnographic research, contextual inquiry, case studies, interviews, survey creation and research design
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player that thrives in collaborative environments, and develops forward-moving solutions amidst ambiguity
- Resourceful and active learner
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, communication and presentation skills, with a variety of stakeholders including researchers and educators
- Exceptional organizational skills with good attention to detail
- Ability to analyze and assess quantitative and qualitative data
- Demonstrates empathy and ability to apply understanding of an audience to deliver desired products and/or services
- Successful management of complex projects involving diverse stakeholders is a plus