The Content Writer will work in partnership with the Director of Content Marketing and External Engagement team to develop compelling content that brings the Summit Learning story to life across a variety of channels and formats and inspires engagement and sharing.
This position calls for a passionate and experienced creative professional to identify and produce engaging stories of schools, educators and students. Sh/e would also be responsible for translating research, data, instructional materials and other dense content and distill it into shorter engaging and widely understandable content that builds brand awareness, generate demands and creates thought leadership for Summit Learning. S/he will need to produce content for a variety of formats including web content, reports, social media content, blogs, videos and talking points as well as for a variety of audiences from educators to thought leaders to parents. This would be an ideal position for a creative individual aiming to apply their writing and communications skills to their passion for education.
We are looking for a self-starter who isn't afraid to take initiative and dive deeply into a new role and build new systems to scale our message and programs. This position requires a team-oriented energetic professional who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and with a strong willingness and desire to learn.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Build brand awareness and create demand for Summit Learning with key audiences including educators, thought leaders and parents with compelling, engaging content.
- Identify and produce stories of schools, educators and students
- Translate research, reports, instructional and other dense content into shorter engaging and widely understandable content
- Develop engaging, shareable content for a variety of channels including web content, reports, social media content, blogs and talking points
- Work collaboratively across the team and functions to manage and deliver effective content
- Ensure content is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone.
- Understand basic best practices of social media, web and email channels and develop content in formats that work best for each.
- Work on building scalable, efficient processes to identify and develop stories and content
Required skills and experience:
- The fundamental belief that all children can succeed in college and life
- Outstanding writing and storytelling skills
- Ability to find and produce compelling stories that serve as inspire and serve as proof points for communications goals
- Ability to analyze research, data and other dense content to identify key points and build a narrative that illustrates key messages
- Ability to define, develop, assess and refine content based on feedback in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Self starter who takes initiative identify stories and create content opportunities
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrates flexibility, tenacity, resourcefulness, humility, and a growth mindset
- BA or BS Degree
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a content production.
- Experience in education a plus.
- Deep knowledge and passion for the needs of public schools and their students
- Understanding of educational technology
- Proficiency in GSuite and social media a plus
About the External Engagement Team:
Summit Public Schools’ External Engagement team leads communications, marketing and external relations for Summit Learning. This team is responsible for raising awareness of, owning and driving the story around, and generating demand for Summit Learning, as well as shaping the national landscape to create the conditions that allow for more students to have a Summit Learning experience.
This team will play an integral role in our organization’s efforts to meet the demand for personalized learning, helping to nurture a favorable public image and ensuring communities across the country know about the opportunity.
Our team will highlight the most cutting-edge practices of personalized learning and showcase how and where it is working best across the country. We will also help interested teachers and public schools across the country, regardless of community or circumstance, to realize the personalized learning approach as accessible and attainable. And where we can, we intend to help network these schools with top colleges and universities, education policymakers and top employers to increase understanding as personalized learning spreads.