The Director of Marketing will work in partnership with the Senior Director of Marketing and the External Engagement team to develop and execute on the marketing strategy and plan. The Director of Marketing will play an integral role in our organization’s efforts to generate demand for personalized learning, by building brand awareness and ensuring communities across the country know about the opportunity.
The Director of Marketing will lead a small team to develop and execute integrated digital campaigns include ongoing social media activation, website content and digital advertising; develop an event strategy and plan with branding, marketing materials, speakers bureau and presentations; build a brand ambassador program, develop marketing toolkits to enable our team and partners to support recruitment efforts through their networks and at events and representing Summit at key events and with key stakeholders.
This position calls for a passionate and experienced professional to build scalable marketing engines across channels to build brand awareness across audiences and generate demand for Summit Learning. This would be an ideal position for an individual aiming to apply their leadership and marketing skills to their passion for education.
We are looking for a self-starter who isn't afraid to take initiative and dive deeply into a new role and build new systems to scale our message and programs. This position requires a team-oriented energetic professional who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and with a strong willingness and desire to learn.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Build brand awareness for Summit Learning with key audiences including educators, thought leaders and other key stakeholders.
- Create educator demand for Summit Learning throughout the country by
- Developing and executing integrated digital campaigns include ongoing social media activation, website content and digital advertising
- Developing messaging and content, including analyzing data, proof points and stories to turn them into compelling videos, infographics and other materials
- Developing our event strategy and plan with including identifying key events and appropriate participation, speakers, branding, marketing materials and presentations
- Developing marketing toolkits to enable our team and partners to support recruitment efforts through their networks and at events
- Managing a scalable lead generation process utilizing Salesforce.
- Build out a brand ambassadors program and plan for activating ambassadors
- Lead and manage a small team with 2-3 direct reports
- Work collaboratively with key partners to develop and implement marketing strategies
- Manage agencies to ensure deliverables are on target, cost efficient and timely.
- Represent Summit Learning in a variety of public settings and with key stakeholders
- Work to develop scalable operations and infrastructure for marketing
Required skills and experience:
- The fundamental belief that all children can succeed in college and life
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to develop and execute marketing strategies at scale
- Strong management skills, with the ability to motivate, inspire, develop and collaborate within and across teams
- Ability to focus on outcomes and think broadly and precisely about how to build and adjust operational structures to meet desired outcomes
- Ability to build and manage relationships with diverse stakeholders, including partners, educators, thought leaders
- Ability to provide honest, actionable and timely feedback that results in improved performance
- Ability to define, develop, assess and refine based on feedback and lead scalable programs in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Self starter who takes initiative to solve problems
- Strong analytic skills for making data driven decisions
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrates flexibility, tenacity, resourcefulness, humility, and a growth mindset
- BA or BS Degree, MBA a plus
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in a marketing. Experience in education a plus.
- Deep knowledge and passion for the needs of public schools and their students
- Demonstrated understanding of educational technology
- Prior experience leading a team
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Google Analytics, Digital Asset Management tools, social media management and listening tools a plus
About the External Engagement Team:
Summit Public Schools’ External Engagement team leads communications, marketing and external relations for Summit Learning. This team is responsible for raising awareness of, owning and driving the story around, and generating demand for Summit Learning, as well as shaping the national landscape to create the conditions that allow for more students to have a Summit Learning experience.
This team will play an integral role in our organization’s efforts to meet the demand for personalized learning, helping to nurture a favorable public image and ensuring communities across the country know about the opportunity.
Our team will highlight the most cutting-edge practices of personalized learning and showcase how and where it is working best across the country. We will also help interested teachers and public schools across the country, regardless of community or circumstance, to realize the personalized learning approach as accessible and attainable. And where we can, we intend to help network these schools with top colleges and universities, education policymakers and top employers to increase understanding as personalized learning spreads.