Summit Public Schools is searching for talented Instructional Assistants to work at Summit Public Schools. This is a great opportunity to join a vibrant, growing organization that is dedicated to transforming public education for its students!
This is a temporary role, and will end on or before June 30, 2022.
Immediate Start at our Summit Shasta campus In Daly City, CA
Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with the knowledge, skills and habits they need to lead a fulfilled life? This is the question that guides our mission at Summit Public Schools.
Summit is a leading network of public schools that prepare a diverse student population for success in a four-year college and to be thoughtful, contributing members of society. We operate 14 schools serving over 4,500 students in the Bay Area and Washington state. 100% of Summit graduates are college ready and Summit graduates complete college at double the national average.
We need exceptional, diverse, and mission-aligned teachers to join our team to help prepare our students for a fulfilled life. Join us!
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with instructional staff, other school personnel, parents and a variety of community resources for the purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes
- Assist with instruction and related activities in designated classrooms
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
- Working with small groups on specialized skill sets or projects
- Assist lead teacher in all facets of daily classroom management, and other duties as assigned
- Build positive relationships with students, families, and faculty members
- Supervise students when the lead teachers is otherwise occupied
- Supervise work stations or activity centers
- Knowledge of child guidance principles and practices, especially as they relate to students on behavior support plans and special education students
- Printing materials, preparing teaching materials and classroom supplies
- Assist with other related duties and projects as assigned
What You Need:
Key Qualities and Skills
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life
- Must possess flexibility, curiosity, perseverance, a sense of humor and a burning passion to see students succeed.
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred
- Prior School and/or Office Experience is strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Google Platforms, including Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Slides.
- Clear health and a background check
Who You Are:
- You maintain high expectations for all students and believe all students can find success in school, college, and life.
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with your colleagues. You find positivity in share successes.
- You’re deeply dedicated to social justice and feel motivated by the challenge and impact of working in a heterogeneous community and closing the achievement gap.
- You share our vision to reimagine what schools should be and are excited to make an impact on the public education landscape.
- You are positive and resilient in the face of big challenges.
- You possess outstanding organizational skills and have a passion for the details.
- You are empathetic and culturally competent. You’re open to having hard conversations.
- You thrive in innovative environments and are comfortable with the ambiguity that can come with a dynamic and progressive workplace.
- You’re committed to continuous improvement, see feedback as a positive, and have a growth mindset.
What you get:
In addition to joining a highly motivated team and engaging in meaningful work, you’ll have access to a comprehensive suite of benefits including a retirement plan, unlimited “take what you need” PTO policy, 11 paid holidays, and 3 weeks of organization-wide closures during the year. You and your dependents will have access to multiple health, dental, and vision plans at 25% cost (we cover the other 75%) and employee life and disability insurance at no cost. Our compensation policy strives to be equitable and transparent.
Summit is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly intertwined with education. We are ALL better when we are able to bring our whole selves to work and honor each other’s voices across identities, cultural backgrounds, and life experiences. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals who are members of historically marginalized communities. Spanish language proficiency is a plus.