Temporary Part-Time Testing Support Specialist
The academic testing support specialist will be responsible for administering academic testing for students being evaluated for an initiation or continuation of an IEP, interpreting the data and writing up a narrative of findings. Training will be provided.
This role is a part-time position ending on or before June 30, 2022, with a maximum of up to 7 hours per week.
Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with the knowledge, skills and habits they need to lead a fulfilled life? This is the question that guides our mission at Summit Public Schools.
Summit is a leading network of public schools that prepare a diverse student population for success in a four-year college and to be thoughtful, contributing members of society. We operate 14 schools serving over 4,500 students in the Bay Area and Washington state. 100% of Summit graduates are college ready and Summit graduates complete college at double the national average.
We need exceptional, diverse, and mission-aligned teachers to join our team to help prepare our students for a fulfilled life. Join us!
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct academic testing, such as the WIAT for students.
- Conduct motivation inventories for students being evaluated for formal or informal behavior plans
- Collect data from testing and interpret data based on norm referenced standards.
- Communicate findings for each student in a standardized written format, to IEP Team
What You Need:
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life
- Bachelor’s Degree or advanced degree of at least equivalent standard from an accredited college or university
- Clear health and background check
- Teaching license preferred
- One year of successful full time service in a certificated position(s)
Who You Are:
- You maintain high expectations for all students and believe all students can find success in school, college, and life.
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with your colleagues. You find positivity in share successes.
- You share our vision to reimagine what schools should be and are excited to make an impact on the public education landscape.
- You are empathetic and culturally competent. You’re proactively facilitate courageous conversations to advance anti-bias anti-racist practices and dismantle racism in our organization.
- You are data driven and have the ability to collect, evaluate, and utilize data in meaningful ways.
- You possess strong people management and relationship skills, with the ability to motivate, inspire, develop, and communicate with a diverse group of teachers, leaders, staff members, and community members.
- You have an ability to apply honest, actionable, and timely feedback that results in improved performance.
What you get:
Summit is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly intertwined with education. We are ALL better when we are able to bring our whole selves to work and honor each other’s voices across identities, cultural backgrounds, and life experiences. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals who are members of historically marginalized communities. Spanish language proficiency is a plus.