Reporting to the Dean of Operations, the Office Assistant supports the school leadership team to provide a warm, welcoming and organized environment. As the first person that people see when they arrive, the Office Assistant is the face of the school and delivers first-class customer service to families, students, and other visitors. The Office Assistant will also keep the office neat and organized, helping to ensure that daily operations run smoothly.
This is a temporary role, and will end on or before June 30, 2022.
Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with the knowledge, skills and habits they need to lead a fulfilled life? This is the question that guides our mission at Summit Public Schools.
Summit is a leading network of public schools that prepare a diverse student population for success in a four-year college and to be thoughtful, contributing members of society. We operate 14 schools serving over 4,500 students in the Bay Area and Washington state. 100% of Summit graduates are college ready and Summit graduates complete college at double the national average.
We need exceptional, diverse, and mission-aligned teachers to join our team to help prepare our students for a fulfilled life. Join us!
What You’ll Do:
- Greet visitors at the front desk and create a warm and welcoming environment.
- Respond to public inquiries; this includes answering phones and emails, checking voicemails, sending robocalls/robotexts, responding to questions from families and students and assisting faculty with inquires.
- Sign guests in and out, and ensure they have proper identification while on site.
- Process late arrivals and early dismissals and follow up with families of absent students.
- Maintain daily attendance reports and verify teacher daily attendance; prepare weekly attendance reports.
- Support Dean of Operations with attendance reporting.
- Manage daily breakfast and lunch service. This includes supervising daily deliveries, operating point of sale, and completing required paperwork.
Front Desk Management
- Ensure front desk area is clean and organized.
- Receive, distribute, and prepare mail and shipments.
- Maintain school supply areas and assist with inventory control.
- Maintain office equipment and ensure that copier, fax and postage meter are always in working order.
- Coordinate distribution of technology including laptops, headphones and chargers.
- Collect payments for meals and other charges and provide receipts for each transaction.
- Support with filing and data entry.
- Assist School Leaders with additional duties as needed.
What You Need:
Key Qualities and Skills
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Prior School and/or Office Experience is strongly preferred
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Proficiency in Google Platforms, including Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Slides.
- Clear health and background check
Who You Are:
- You maintain high expectations for all students and believe all students can find success in school, college, and life.
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with your colleagues. You find positivity in share successes.
- You share our vision to reimagine what schools should be and are excited to make an impact on the public education landscape.
- You are positive and resilient in the face of big challenges.
- You possess outstanding organizational skills and have a passion for the details.
- You are empathetic and culturally competent. You’re open to having hard conversations.
- You thrive in innovative environments, and are comfortable with the ambiguity that can come with a dynamic and progressive workplace.
- You’re committed to continuous improvement, see feedback as a positive, and have a growth mindset.
What You Get:
Summit offers competitive salaries and benefit options for full-time employees, including covering 75% of the health, dental and vision plan costs. We fully cover life and disability insurance. We have a “take what you need” PTO policy, 11 paid holidays and 3 weeks of organizational-wide closure during the year.
Summit is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly intertwined with education. We are ALL better when we are able to bring our whole selves to work and honor each other’s voices across identities, cultural backgrounds, and life experiences. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals who are members of historically marginalized communities. Somali language proficiency is a plus.