College Readiness Assistant
The College Readiness Assistant position supports the Dean of Culture and Instruction in ensuring that 100% of our students are college ready and meet important deadlines for college entry.
The College Readiness Assistant will do testing coordination and logistics planning. They will also ensure that all seniors have a college list and have applied to four year colleges on-time. This person will work closely with the college board to ensure our testing days meet compliance standards and are executed seamlessly. They will also work closely with our seniors to ensure they finalize college applications on time, using an online system called Overgrad. They will escalate student application concerns to the Dean of Culture and Instruction for support.
The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), has superb attention to detail when completing large-scale rote tasks, and is devoted to providing a high-quality, empathetic experience for students they are supporting. The ideal candidate is proficient in the Google Suite (Drive, Sheets, Docs, Slides) and is able to learn new user interfaces such as the Summit Learning Platform, Overgrad, Tableau and College Board Online quickly.
Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with both the content knowledge and also the habits and skills necessary to successfully navigate college and career? This is the question that guides our mission at Summit Public Schools. Summit is a leading network of public schools that prepare a diverse student population for success in a four-year college and to be thoughtful, contributing members of society. We operate 15 schools serving over 4,500 students in the Bay Area and Washington state. Historically, 98 percent of Summit graduates are accepted into four-year colleges, and Summit graduates complete college at double the national average.
We need diverse, driven, and dynamic talent to join our growing team to help realize our educational vision.
What You’ll Do:
- Test Coordination for the fall SAT School Day and PSAT, and PSAT NMSQT
- Project Management to ensure 100% of seniors apply to a list of four year colleges on time
- Manage data resources and decide interventions and actions based on student need
- Organize data and keep data hubs up to date and accurate
- Clearly communicate student needs and support to Dean of Culture of Instruction, parents and junior/ senior mentors as needed
What You Need:
Key Qualities and Skills
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency in Google Platforms, including Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Slides.
- Pass a health and background check
Who You Are:
- You maintain high expectations for all students and believe all students can find success in school, college, and life.
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with your colleagues. You find positivity in share successes.
- You share our vision to reimagine what schools should be and are excited to make an impact on the public education landscape.
- You are positive and resilient in the face of big challenges.
- You have an ability to apply honest, actionable, and timely feedback that results in improved performance.
- You are empathetic and culturally competent. You’re open to having hard conversations.
- You thrive in innovative environments and are comfortable with the ambiguity that can come with a dynamic and progressive workplace.
- You’re committed to continuous improvement, see feedback as a positive, and have a growth mindset.
What you get:
Summit is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly intertwined with education. We are ALL better when we are able to bring our whole selves to work and honor each other’s voices across identities, cultural backgrounds, and life experiences. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals who are members of historically marginalized communities. Spanish language proficiency is a plus.