Student Recruitment Assistant
Summit Public Schools is seeking a Student Recruitment Assistant to help our schools find and attract new students and families and support our work to ensure we are fully enrolled.
Reporting to the Dean of Operations, the Student Recruitment Assistant will assist the school site operations team on key outreach and engagement activities, such as: providing in person and virtual tours, answering questions over the phone and email from prospective students and families, supporting and training our student ambassadors, helping develop marketing materials, flyering, door-to-door canvassing and tabling.
The ideal candidate believes deeply in our schools, is kind yet persistent, takes initiative, meets deadlines and isn’t afraid to strike up a conversation with someone they just met.
This is a temporary part-time non exempt role.
Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with the knowledge, skills and habits they need to lead a fulfilled life? This is the question that guides our mission at Summit Public Schools.
Summit is a leading network of public schools that prepare a diverse student population for success in a four-year college and to be thoughtful, contributing members of society. We operate 14 schools serving over 4,500 students in the Bay Area and Washington state. 100% of Summit graduates are college ready and Summit graduates complete college at double the national average.
We need exceptional, diverse, and mission-aligned people to join our team to help prepare our students for a fulfilled life. Join us!
What You’ll Do:
- Provide in person and virtual campus tours
- Answer questions over the phone and email from prospective students and families,
- Support and train our student ambassadors
- Help develop marketing materials
- Post flyers in neighborhoods and table at community events
- Canvass door to door
- Other student recruitment duties as assigned
What You Need:
Key Qualities and Skills
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life.
- Prior community engagement or operations experience is preferred.
- Prior experience working in middle or high schools is preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish or Somali is preferred.
- Proficiency in Google Platforms, including Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Slides.
- Flexibility to attend in person events during weekends.
- Clear TB test and background check.
Who You Are:
- You maintain high expectations for all students and believe all students can find success in school, college, and life.
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with your colleagues. You find positivity in sharing successes.
- You possess excellent organizational and project management skills, with an obsession for details.
- You share our vision to reimagine what schools should be and are excited to make an impact on the public education landscape.
- You are positive and resilient in the face of big challenges.
- You take initiative and ownership in driving your work to meet personal and team goals.
- You possess strong relationship skills, with the ability to motivate, inspire, develop, and communicate with a diverse group of teachers, leaders, staff members, and community members.
What you get:
Summit is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly intertwined with education. We are ALL better when we are able to bring our whole selves to work and honor each other’s voices across identities, cultural backgrounds, and life experiences. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals who are members of historically marginalized communities. Spanish language proficiency is a plus.