Building Operations Assistant
The building operations assistant will support schools with operations as they reopen buildings. As a temporary member of school-site operation teams for spring of 2021, they will work with staff to help ensure that our schools are safe and operationally sound.
They will support daily health and safety screening for students and staff, monitor hallways, restrooms and other open spaces, maintain health and safety signage in the buildings, equip spaces with and support distribution of personal protective equipment and help with other front office tasks.
The building operations assistant is a part-time hourly role. Hours are generally Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday for 8 am - 3:30 pm but may vary by school site. This role has a base pay of $15.90 per hour.
Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with the knowledge, skills and habits they need to lead a fulfilled life? This is the question that guides our mission at Summit Public Schools.
Summit is a leading network of public schools that prepare a diverse student population for success in a four-year college and to be thoughtful, contributing members of society. We operate 14 schools serving over 4,500 students in the Bay Area and Washington state. 100% of Summit graduates are college ready and Summit graduates complete college at double the national average.
We need exceptional, diverse, and mission-aligned teachers to join our team to help prepare our students for a fulfilled life. Join us!
What You’ll Do:
- Support daily health and safety screening which includes checking a health questionnaire (we are not doing temperature checks)
- Monitor hallways, restrooms, open spaces, et al
- Maintain health and safety signage, tape, markers, etc in the buildings
- Equip spaces with and support distribution of PPE
- Help with other front office tasks consistent with our office assistant role
What You Need:
Key Qualities and Skills
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life
- Prior School and/or Office Experience is strongly preferred
- Fluency in English and Spanish preferred
- Clear health and background check
Who You Are:
- You maintain high expectations for all students and believe all students can find success in school, college, and life.
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with your colleagues. You find positivity in share successes.
- You share our vision to reimagine what schools should be and are excited to make an impact on the public education landscape.
- You are positive and resilient in the face of big challenges.
- You possess outstanding organizational skills and have a passion for the details.
- You are empathetic and culturally competent. You’re open to having hard conversations.
- You thrive in innovative environments, and are comfortable with the ambiguity that can come with a dynamic and progressive workplace.
- You’re committed to continuous improvement, see feedback as a positive, and have a growth mindset.
What You Get:
Summit offers competitive salaries and benefit options for full-time employees, including covering 75% of the health, dental and vision plan costs. We fully cover life and disability insurance. We have a “take what you need” PTO policy, 11 paid holidays and 3 weeks of organizational-wide closure during the year.
Summit is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly intertwined with education. We are ALL better when we are able to bring our whole selves to work and honor each other’s voices across identities, cultural backgrounds, and life experiences. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals who are members of historically marginalized communities. Spanish language proficiency is a plus.