As a Food Server, you will set up and serve breakfast and lunch, ensuring that students have the fuel they need to learn every day. This includes organizing and maintaining food servery, maintaining all foodservice logos, and interacting with families in a positive manner.
This is a part-time position for 16-20 hours a week at Summit Denali High School in Sunnyvale, CA.
Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with not only content knowledge, but the habits and skills to successfully navigate college and career, with a sense of purpose to anchor them? This is the question at the core of Summit Public Schools. Summit is a public school system serving heterogeneous communities in the Bay Area and Washington State and operate 14 schools serving over 4,500 students.
Are you looking for the opportunity to lead change? Do you want to help reimagine what schools should be? We put students in the driver’s seat and empower them with the skills and habits they need to be successful in college and life. We need diverse, driven, and dynamic talent to join our growing team to help realize our educational vision.
What You’ll Do:
- Receive deliveries and maintain required paperwork
- Set up and serve breakfast and lunch every day
- Maintain a welcoming, clean, and compliant servery
- Other duties as assigned
Who You Are:
Key Qualities and Skills:
- Commitment to mission. Shares belief that all students are capable of being college ready and willing to go above and beyond to serve children and their communities
- Fit with values and culture. Displays core characteristics of compassion, courage, curiosity, respect, responsibility, and integrity; demonstrates a growth mindset; able to give and receive honest, actionable and timely feedback
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills. Can effectively communicate verbally and in writing with diverse stakeholders including teachers, families, and students; shows empathy; demonstrates customer-service mindset
- Outstanding organizational skills and obsession with detail. Sweats the small stuff
- Strong track record of execution. Gets things done in a timely manner while balancing multiple tasks at the same time; is reliable; follows through without follow-up
- Positive and flexible attitude. Is adaptable; open to changes and new ideas; enjoy fast-paced environment
What You Need:
- An ability to bend, lift, and move items from both low and high shelves and pull and push carts up to 50 lbs.
- An ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time and an ability to walk across the campus multiple times per day.
- An ability to obtain a CA Food Handler certificate within 30 days of hire,
- Clear health and background check
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life.
- Prior experience in project management or operations is strongly preferred.
What You Get:
Summit offers competitive salaries and benefit options for full-time employees, including covering 75% of the health, dental and vision plan costs. We fully cover life and disability insurance. We have a “take what you need” PTO policy, 11 paid holidays and 3 weeks of organizational-wide closure during the year.
Summit is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly intertwined with education. We are ALL better when we are able to bring our whole selves to work and honor each other’s voices across identities, cultural backgrounds, and life experiences. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals who are members of historically marginalized communities. Spanish language proficiency is a plus.