Manager of Recruitment & Selection
The Manager of Recruitment and Selection plays an integral role in achieving the vision and goals of Summit Public Schools through ensuring our organization has high performing faculty in every seat.
The Manager of Recruitment & Selection leads the sourcing and interview process for multiple faculty pipelines, supporting school leaders and hiring managers in identifying their talent needs and sourcing and selecting top talent for Summit Public Schools. The Manager of Recruitment and Selection plans and executes outreach strategies to develop an annual applicant pool of diverse teachers and education professionals, and designs and implements selection tools, processes, and systems for various roles at Summit Public Schools.
The ideal candidate is strategic and results-oriented, excels at critical thinking, has exceptional interpersonal and recruiting skills, and a track record of customer service orientation. The candidate must be a highly motivated individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and wants to positively impact the lives of students by improving K-12 public education. You will work directly with the Director of Recruitment and Selection. Occasional travel required for this position.
Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with the knowledge, skills and habits they need to lead a fulfilled life? This is the question that guides our mission at Summit Public Schools.
Summit is a leading network of public schools that prepare a diverse student population for success in a four-year college and to be thoughtful, contributing members of society. We operate 14 schools serving over 4,500 students in the Bay Area and Washington state. 100% of Summit graduates are college ready and Summit graduates complete college at double the national average.
We need exceptional, diverse, and mission-aligned teachers to join our team to help prepare our students for a fulfilled life. Join us!
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the selection process for multiple open faculty roles, including interfacing with candidates, school leaders and other stakeholders.
- Communicate Summit Public Schools’ mission, values, personalized learning model and vision for public education in America to potential new Summit teachers, school leaders and home office faculty.
- Conduct the first round interviews with candidates.
- Ensure candidates receive timely communication about their candidacy and respond to candidate questions and requests.
- Coordinate and lead final round interviews.
- Conduct reference checks for candidates.
- Manage partnerships with external pipelines, such as graduate schools of education and fellowship programs
- Oversee and implement ongoing engagement calendar with sources of strong candidates
- Manage social media and online job postings for open positions
- Represent Summit Public Schools at career fairs and other recruitment events
- Manage candidate data in Summit’s Applicant Tracking System, Greenhouse, and ensure that all candidate data is up to date and prepared for analysis.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
This position is based in the Bay Area, requires frequent travel throughout the Bay Area, and may require occasional travel to other regions.
What You Need:
Key Qualities and Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and support of Summit Public Schools mission, values, and standards
- The fundamental belief that all children can succeed in college and life
- Deep commitment to continuous improvement
- 3 years of experience in a recruitment, selection or teaching capacity
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate in a persuasive capacity when speaking to candidates
- Proven project management skills with an ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Self starter who takes initiative to solve problems
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Superb computer skills, including Google Apps and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- The ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Works well under deadlines and ensures timely completion
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive matters, and ability to adhere to strict standards of confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Clear health and background check
Who You Are:
- You maintain high expectations for all students and believe all students can find success in school, college, and life.
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with your colleagues. You find positivity in share successes.
- You possess excellent organizational and project management skills, with an obsession for details.
- You share our vision to reimagine what schools should be and are excited to make an impact on the public education landscape.
- You are positive and resilient in the face of big challenges.
- You take initiative and ownership in driving your work to meet personal and team goals.
- You have an ability to apply honest, actionable, and timely feedback that results in improved performance.
- You possess strong relationship skills, with the ability to motivate, inspire, develop, and communicate with a diverse group of faculty and community members.
- You are empathetic and culturally competent. You’re open to having hard conversations.
- You thrive in innovative environments, and are comfortable with the ambiguity that can come with a dynamic and progressive workplace.
- You’re committed to continuous improvement, see feedback as a positive, and have a growth mindset.
What you get:
In addition to joining a highly motivated team and engaging in meaningful work, you’ll have access to a comprehensive suite of benefits including a retirement plan, unlimited “take what you need” PTO policy, 11 paid holidays, and 3 weeks of organization-wide closures during the year. You and your dependents will have access to multiple health, dental, and vision plans at 25% cost (we cover the other 75%) and employee life and disability insurance at no cost. Our compensation policy strives to be equitable and transparent. The salary for this position starts at $68,000 and goes up to $90,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Summit is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly intertwined with education. We are ALL better when we are able to bring our whole selves to work and honor each other’s voices across identities, cultural backgrounds, and life experiences. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals who are members of historically marginalized communities. Spanish language proficiency is a plus.
To see Summit Public Schools' full non-discrimination statement as it relates to students and parents along with designated compliance coordinators for each school, see HERE for Washington and HERE for California. To see Summit Public Schools' full non-discrimination statement as it relates to employees, see here for Washington and here for California.