Data & Operations Specialist
Summit Public Schools is seeking a Data & Operations Specialist to support our data processes, technology platforms, and school-site operations. This role will lie on Summit’s Data Team.
The Data & Operations Specialist will partner with members of Summit’s Data team to execute on some of our most important cross-functional projects. They will help export, clean, and import data, and build skills in the automation of these processes.
The ideal candidate is a natural problem solver with a strong appetite for developing technical skills. They are detail oriented, organized, and hold high expectations for themselves and their work. They are willing to do tedious work where necessary, but motivated to find a better way.
Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with both the content knowledge and also the habits and skills necessary to successfully navigate college and career? This is the question that guides our mission at Summit Public Schools. Summit is a leading network of public schools that prepare a diverse student population for success in a four-year college and to be thoughtful, contributing members of society. We operate 15 schools serving over 4,500 students in the Bay Area and Washington state. Historically, 98 percent of Summit graduates are accepted into four-year colleges, and Summit graduates complete college at double the national average.
We need diverse, driven, and dynamic talent to join our growing team to help realize our educational vision.
What You’ll Do:
- Respond quickly and politely to technical support requests and work with external vendors and our internal systems to address issues as quickly as possible
- Learn and become fluent in our technology systems and structure in order to troubleshoot issues as quickly as possible
- Anticipate/troubleshoot issues based on analysis of tickets and work with vendors and internal systems to address recurring concerns
Data and Knowledge Management
- Support Managers of Data & Information Systems in developing and maintaining data pipelines
- Assist with creation of tools, templates, trackers, and documentation to support school leaders and site operations staff
- Support the set up and facilitation of testing
Data Requests and Compliance
- Support data requests internally and externally, including pulling, manipulating, and analyzing data
- Support compliance needs when necessary including reading bylaws, technical manuals, and attending external trainings
What You Need:
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years experience in quantitative data collection, analysis, reporting, or school operations.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets
- Experience in, or readiness to learn, a programming language such as Python
- Strong organizational skills with exceptionally strong attention to detail
- Clear health and background check
Who You Are:
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with your colleagues. You find positivity in share successes.
- You share our vision to reimagine what schools should be and are excited to make an impact on the public education landscape.
- You are a natural problem solver, and find joy in figuring out new and better ways of doing things.
- You are self-directed in your professional growth, ready to seek out opportunities to learn from and with your colleagues.
- You thrive in innovative environments and are comfortable with the ambiguity that can come with a dynamic and progressive workplace.
- You’re committed to continuous improvement, see feedback as a positive, and have a growth mindset.
What you get:
Summit offers competitive salaries and benefit options for full-time employees, including covering 75% of the health, dental and vision plan costs. We fully cover life and disability insurance. We have a “take what you need” PTO policy, 11 paid holidays and 3 week-long organizational closures during the year.
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Summit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Spanish language proficiency is a plus.
We don't just encourage diversity and inclusion—we believe it's a requirement for us to be successful in our mission of helping all children succeed. Since we serve a diverse community of schools, educators, parents, and students, we need our team members to bring a broad range of lived experiences to the table with them. This is the only way we can ensure we are staying close to the work and building an authentic relationship with the people we serve.