Director of Strategic Growth
The Summit Learning Teacher Residency is a one-year teacher preparation program designed to build a pipeline of high-quality, diverse teachers prepared to work in innovative and personalized learning classrooms. The Summit Learning Teacher Residency is accredited through the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing and grants California Preliminary Single Subject Teaching Credentials to candidates who successfully complete the program.
The Director of Strategic Growth leads growth strategy, recruitment, and external relations for the Summit Learning Teacher Residency. Reporting to the Residency’s Executive Director and working closely with the Executive Director of Marshall Street, the Director of Strategic Growth manages towards the goal of growing the program to effectively train 300 teachers a year. They are responsible for aligning all stakeholders around a vision and strategy for growth, and then executing that strategy in order to meet key program metrics. The Director of Strategic Growth is also tasked with designing a system for recruitment, admissions, and enrollment, and leading a team of Recruitment Managers who meet annual recruitment and admissions targets.
Who We Are:
Marshall Street Initiatives:
Marshall Street Initiatives (“Marshall”) is a team of educators working to expand opportunities for all students. While our initiatives focus on different groups—teachers, principals, parents, graduates, and K-12 students—they are united by their focus on equitable access to education. Together with a broad group of engaged partners, we’re building towards a world in which every student is equipped to live a life defined by financial independence, community, strong relationships, health, and purpose.
Summit Public Schools:
Summit is a network of public schools that prepares all students to be the best versions of themselves, to be successful through college and in the fullest ways possible—so they can each live a fulfilled life. This includes a life filled with financial security, purposeful work, strong relationships, meaningful community, and personal health. Today, Summit operates 15 public middle and high schools whose students reflect their diverse communities in California and Washington. Summit schools are consistently ranked among the best in the nation. All Summit students graduate prepared for a four-year college and our graduates complete college at twice the national average.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and drive a growth strategy that enables the program to meet key growth metrics.
- Align all stakeholders around a clear vision and strategy for program growth, including a long-term budget model, and a regional and centralized support model.
- Lead the strategy and process to research and vet new regions, districts, networks, and schools.
- Successfully open new regions of the program, effectively managing the complex compliance, accreditation, and operational processes needed to launch and grow the program.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and the Director of Development to support fundraising efforts through written proposals, reports, and visits.
- Design a scalable system for Resident recruitment, admissions, and enrollment.
- Design a scalable system for Resident financial support, including scholarships and loans.
- Lead a team of Recruitment Managers in effectively executing the recruitment strategy, and adapting the strategy as needed.
- Ensure all regions successfully meet annual recruitment targets.
- Provide professional development and individualized support to a team of Recruitment Managers.
- Create the written and visual communications to demonstrate the success of the program to internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure the Summit Learning Teacher Residency receives local and national awareness, engagement and media coverage as needed for the purpose of recruitment and growth.
- Support the Executive Director and Regional Program Directors in representing the program to external audiences
- Collaborate with Recruitment team to create materials for Resident recruitment
What you need:
- Master’s degree in Education, Business Administration or a related field
- Minimum of 3+ years in the field of education
- Experience with strategic planning and project management
- A consistent track record of setting and meeting ambitious outcomes
- Experience managing a team preferred
- Highly organized and able to meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Responsive, opportunistic and flexible to evolving needs and priorities
- Meet health clearance and pass the reference, background/criminal checks, per education code
- Proficiency in Google Platforms, including Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Slides.
- Clear health and background check
What you get:
Summit offers competitive salaries and benefit options for full-time employees, including covering 75% of the health, dental and vision plan costs. We fully cover life and disability insurance. We have a “take what you need” PTO policy, 11 paid holidays and 3 week-long organizational closures during the year.
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Summit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Spanish language proficiency is a plus.