Manager of Content Marketing - Marshall Street Initiatives
California or Remote
Do you love making complex ideas pop off the page? Do you find getting to the simplicity on the other side of complexity thrilling? Are you able to use a variety of written and visual tools to unify groups? We are looking for a Manager of Content Marketing who can produce and market engaging, field-building content for a variety of audiences - particularly education audiences. The Manager of Content Marketing will own the content calendar, content development, content marketing, Marshall website, and the contractual relationships related to content development and marketing, and will report directly to the Director of Strategy and Operations.
Who We Are
Marshall Street Initiatives
Marshall Street Initiatives (“Marshall”) understands that building an education system that serves all of our young people starts with redesigning K-12 schools - but it doesn't end there. With Summit, we showed what is possible when you build a school around the needs of a community. With Summit Learning, we showed what is possible when visionary educators across the country have tools and support to enact a vision of excellence for their communities. With the Teacher Residency Program, we showed that we're able to develop the excellent, diverse teachers that all students deserve. We're now expanding our work to certify and develop school leaders, equip parents with tools to prepare their children for fulfillment, provide access to a bachelor's degree and participation in jobs of the future at low cost, and expand opportunities for students with disabilities at schools across the country. Marshall harnesses the spirit of innovation that has always been at Summit and shares it with the world.
Summit Public Schools
Summit is a network of public schools that prepares all students to be the best versions of themselves, to be successful through college and in the fullest ways possible—so they can each live a fulfilled life. This includes a life filled with financial security, purposeful work, strong relationships, meaningful community, and personal health. Today, Summit operates 15 public middle and high schools whose students reflect their diverse communities in California and Washington. Summit schools are consistently ranked among the best in the nation. All Summit students graduate prepared for a four-year college and our graduates complete college at twice the national average.
What You’ll Do
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop the majority of Marshall content, particularly content for our national continuous improvement initiative for students with disabilities
- Create and manage the content calendar through an inclusive, collaborative process
- Support event preparation, operations, and execution
- Manage the look and feel of the Marshall website and online brand
- Support the Executive Director and Director of Strategy & Operations in all field-building and external relations activities, including leading the development and refinement of messaging, slide decks, branded materials, and publications
- Manage the content development and marketing budget
- Be a part of the founding team at Marshall and as a result, wear many hats and roll up your sleeves to help define and build the culture and strategy for Marshall at large
What You Need:
- BA/BS degree
- Exceptional writing skills - able to tell compelling stories that incorporate data and visual elements
- Visual design experience
- At least 2 years of content marketing (or similar) experience, preferably in K-12 education
- Loves to roll up sleeves to get work done
- Proven ability to manage a variety of stakeholders and workstreams towards exceptional, polished, on-time deliverables
- Experience managing contractors
- Ability to move between vision and strategic thinking to tactical, detailed execution
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker
- Self-starter who can live in a world of ambiguity in a start-up environment
- Meets health clearance
- Pass the reference, background/criminal checks, per education code
- Experience in K-12 public education a plus, though not required
What You’ll Get:
Summit offers competitive salaries and benefit options for full-time employees, including covering 75% of the health, dental and vision plan costs. We fully cover life and disability insurance. We have a “take what you need” PTO policy, 11 paid holidays and 3 week-long organizational closures during the year.
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Summit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Spanish language proficiency is a plus.