Manager of Content Marketing - Marshall Street Initiatives
Remote possible; California - SF Bay Area preferred
Do you love making complex ideas pop off the page? Do you find getting to the simplicity on the other side of complexity thrilling? Are you able to use a variety of written and visual tools to unify groups? Are you a strategic communicator, a compelling writer, and an effective project manager? Are you passionate about creating a more inclusive and equitable public education system for students? We are looking for a Manager of Content Marketing who can produce and market engaging, field-building content for a variety of audiences - particularly education audiences. The Manager of Content Marketing will own the content calendar, content development, content marketing, Marshall website, and the contractual relationships related to content development and marketing, and will report directly to the Executive Director of Marshall Street Initiatives.
Who We Are
Marshall Street Initiatives
Marshall Street Initiatives (“Marshall”) understands that building an education system that serves all of our young people starts with redesigning K-12 schools - but it doesn't end there. We prepare teachers across California, develop leaders across school organizations, equip parents with tools to prepare their children for fulfillment, provide access to jobs of the future, and expand opportunities for students with disabilities at schools across the country. Marshall’s initiatives create the ecosystem that enables excellent, equitable schools to meet the needs of all young people.
Summit Public Schools
Summit is a network of public schools that prepares all students to be the best versions of themselves, to be successful through college and beyond—so they can each live a fulfilled life. This includes a life filled with financial security, purposeful work, strong relationships, meaningful community, and personal health. Today, Summit operates 14 public middle and high schools whose students reflect their diverse communities in California and Washington. Summit schools are consistently ranked among the best in the nation. All Summit students graduate prepared for four-year college and our graduates complete college at twice the national average.
What You’ll Do
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop (writing, video, etc) the majority of Marshall content
- Largely, content for our national continuous improvement initiative for students with disabilities
- Develop and manage Marshall’s content calendar through inclusive, collaborative processes
- Build on our culture of effective communication
- Create opportunities for individuals across Marshall to contribute high-quality content
- Manage the look and feel of the Marshall website and online brand
- Support the Executive Director (ED) in all field-building and external relations activities, including leading the development and refinement of messaging, slide decks, branded materials, and publications
- Strategically update and manage our communication channels, including Twitter, Medium, LinkedIn, etc
- Conduct analyses of our communications and marketing efforts, using Google Analytics and other tools
- Support the Development team and ED with grant management and development activities
- Manage any contractors conducting content development, such as web design, graphic design, video production, etc
- Support event preparation, operations, and execution
- Continuously learn about Marshall’s initiatives, partners, and positioning within the education field
What You Need:
- BA/BS degree
- Exceptional writing skills - able to tell compelling stories that incorporate data and visual elements
- Visual design experience
- At least 3 years of content marketing (or similar) experience, preferably in K-12 education
- A desire to roll up sleeves to get work done
- Proven ability to manage a variety of stakeholders and workstreams towards exceptional, polished, on-time deliverables
- Ability to manage contractors
- Ability to move between vision and strategic thinking to tactical, detailed execution
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker
- Self-starter who can take initiative and manage uncertainty in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Meets health clearance
- Pass the reference, background/criminal checks, per education code
- Experience in K-12 public education a plus, though not required
What You’ll Get:
Marshall at Summit offers competitive salaries and benefit options for full-time employees, including covering 75% of the health, dental and vision plan costs. We fully cover life and disability insurance. We have a “take what you need” PTO policy, 11 paid holidays and 3 week-long organizational closures during the year.
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Marshall Street at Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Marshall will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Spanish language proficiency is a plus.