Director of Regional Operations
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Regional Operations is a capacity builder that works to equip, enable and empower school sites to operate at the highest levels. The DRO leads the team that optimizes processes and systems, provides training, coaching and ongoing support and professional development to school-based operations staff, and support school sites with operations compliance and reporting. Because of the DRO, school leaders have a collaborative, creative, and reliable partner to oversee day-to-day operations, support their office administration teams, and, ultimately, strive toward running the best schools in the country.
Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with not only content knowledge, but the habits and skills to successfully navigate college and career, with a sense of purpose to anchor them? This is the question at the core of Summit Public Schools. Summit is a public school system serving heterogeneous communities in the Bay Area and Washington State and operate 15 schools serving over 4,500 students.
Are you looking for the opportunity to lead change? Do you want to help reimagine what schools should be? We put students in the driver’s seat and empower them with the skills and habits they need to be successful in college and life. We need diverse, driven, and dynamic talent to join our growing team to help realize our educational vision.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with the Chief Operating Officer to set vision and direction for Operations team
- Design, build, and optimize operations processes to improve quality of operations through organization's growth
- Create tools, trainings, and resources to manage these systems
- Manage weekly email blasts and plan, prepare and facilitate bi-weekly learning team calls and monthly in-person trainings
- Create playlists and how to guides
- Build rubrics, checklists, and trackers
- Partner with School Leaders to train, coach and support school-based operations staff
- Lead weekly check-ins with Deans of Operations
- Oversee and support compliance for areas including attendance, student cumulative records, safety, health and nursing, field trips, transportation and athletics
What You Need:
Key Qualities and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years work experience; school-site operations experience highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of Google Apps (Drive, Docs and Spreadsheets) highly preferred
- Willingness to travel between schools throughout the Seattle/Tacoma Metro Area
- Meet health clearance, and pass the reference, background/criminal checks, per education code.
Who You Are:
- You're committed to Summit's mission. You share the belief that all students are capable of being college ready and willing to go above and beyond to serve children and their communities
- You share our values. You display core characteristics of compassion, courage, curiosity, respect, responsibility, and integrity; demonstrate a growth mindset; and you're able to give and receive honest, actionable and timely feedback
- You have a bias toward systems and processes. You abhor inefficiency; always seek to streamline, automate and/or eliminate; and have an eye for scalability and sustainability
- You've got strong time and project management skills. You can lead projects start to end; is self-directed; demonstrates flexibility and adaptability; can prioritize based on importance/urgency
- You're a leader and a coach. You love developing others; you're outstanding at identifying learning needs; you can create appropriate supports for your employees.
- You build strong relationships. You can effectively communicate verbally and in writing with diverse stakeholders including school leaders, operations staff and home office team colleagues; show empathy; demonstrate influence; are a veritable team player; and can give and receive honest, actionable and timely feedback
- You're a critical thinker. You enjoy problem-solving; use data to drive decision-making;you're obsessed with details and you sweat the small stuff
What you get:
Summit offers competitive salaries and benefit options for full-time employees, including covering 75% of the health, dental and vision plan costs. We fully cover life and disability insurance. We have a “take what you need” PTO policy, 11 paid holidays and 3 weeks of organizational-wide closure during the year.
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Summit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.