Summit Public Schools is seeking a Manager of Data Analysis to transform data into insights for the organization.
This role will lead many analyses related to the academic program of the schools within the Summit network as well as schools in our Summit Learning Program. This position will work with data from the many different systems we utilize to draw insights and create data tools which can facilitate learning and development within our schools.
Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with not only content knowledge, but the habits and skills to successfully navigate college and career, with a sense of purpose to anchor them? This is the question at the core of Summit Public Schools. Summit is a public school system serving heterogeneous communities in the Bay Area and Washington State and operate 15 schools serving over 4,500 students.
Are you looking for the opportunity to lead change? Do you want to help reimagine what schools should be? We put students in the driver’s seat and empower them with the skills and habits they need to be successful in college and life. We need diverse, driven, and dynamic talent to join our growing team to help realize our educational vision.
What You’ll Do:
Research and Analysis
- Select and utilize appropriate research methods and analysis tools to produce high-quality, reliable findings and metrics
- Work with stakeholders to develop research questions and testable hypotheses to assess the impact of interventions and find ways to improve them
- Listen to stakeholders to identify current data needs, reading between the lines of data requests to understand the need that is driving them and deliver an efficient solution
- Contribute to research project planning by pushing back on scope that doesn’t align with project or team goals and breaking down ideas into actionable tasks
- Become a leading expert on the data in particular domains
Communication and Collaboration
- Select and utilize appropriate tools and techniques to design and produce user-friendly, reliable visualizations
- Communicate findings and their implications to a variety of audiences, clearly and concisely, in a variety of formats
- Produce findings that have a clear impact on important decisions
- Collaborate with teammates proactively to push projects towards their goals
What You Need:
Key Qualities and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (a Master’s Degree in Education or in a quantitative research based field preferred).
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life.
- Professional experience in quantitative data management, analysis, interpretation, and presentation
- Experience with SQL, Python, Tableau or other related technologies and a desire to learn more
- Demonstrated ability to craft clear research questions and testable hypotheses
- Empathy for the users of data and strength in listening and communication
- Strong project management skills and a knack for process
- A strong desire to use data to help people make smart decisions, and experience doing so
- Proficiency in Google Platforms, including Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Slides.
- Clear health and background check.
Who You Are:
- You maintain high expectations for all students and believe all students can find success in school, college, and life.
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with your colleagues. You find positivity in share successes.
- You’re deeply dedicated to social justice and feel motivated by the challenge and impact of working in a heterogenous community and closing the achievement gap.
- You share our vision to reimagine what schools should be and are excited to make an impact on the public education landscape.
- You are positive and resilient in the face of big challenge.
- You take initiative and ownership in driving your work to meet personal and team goals.
- You have an ability to give and apply honest, actionable, and timely feedback that results in improved performance.
- You are empathetic and culturally competent. You’re open to having hard conversations.
- You thrive in innovative environments, and are comfortable with the ambiguity that can come with a dynamic and progressive workplace.
- You’re committed to continuous improvement, see feedback as a positive, and have a growth mindset.
What you get:
Summit offers competitive salaries and benefit options for full-time employees, including covering 75% of the health, dental and vision plan costs. We fully cover life and disability insurance. We have a “take what you need” PTO policy, 11 paid holidays and 4 weeks of vacation during the year.
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Summit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.