Summit is seeking a Director of Talent Operations, to design, build and manage the systems used to understand people across the organization. The Director of Talent Operations will work to ensure that we have the data and information we need to attract, develop and retain a high performing and diverse faculty, to facilitate the fulfillment of our mission, and continue excellence at our schools The ideal candidate is a systems thinker, is results-oriented, excels at critical thinking and has exceptional interpersonal and project management skills.
The candidate must be a highly motivated individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and wants to positively impact the lives of students by improving K-12 public education. The Director of Talent Operations will report to the Chief Operating Officer. The position is based in Redwood City, CA.
Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with both the content knowledge and also the habits and skills necessary to successfully navigate college and career? This is the question that guides our mission at Summit Public Schools. Summit is a leading network of public schools that prepare a diverse student population for success in a four-year college and to be thoughtful, contributing members of society. We operate 15 schools serving over 4,500 students in the Bay Area and Washington state. Historically, 98 percent of Summit graduates are accepted four-year colleges, and Summit graduates complete college at double the national average.
We need diverse, driven, and dynamic talent to join our growing team to help realize our educational vision.
What You’ll Do:
The Director of Talent Operations is responsible for ensuring that the talent team has the systems in place to access and analyze data that promotes a comprehensive understanding of organizational progress on recruiting, selecting and retaining a high-quality and diverse faculty.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead redesign of Summit’s human resources data and info systems; this includes:
- Manage process of finding and selecting a new HRIS
- Planning and executing implementation
- Facilitating training and support
- Managing systems and driving continuous improvement
- Plan and execute Summit’s compensation systems; this includes:
- Manage information and data for Summit’s compensation system.
- Lead the annual compensation process for Summit faculty.
- Determine salary scales for all roles within the organization.
- Lead compensation calibration and approval conversations with the compensation committee, hiring manager and Summit’s CEO and COO.
- Manage systems for collecting, monitoring and analyzing key metrics to share with various audiences, including school and home office leadership
- Manage database of job descriptions, interview guides and other important talent documents for the organization, including templates and samples.
- Other special projects with Talent team.
This position is based in the Bay Area, requires occasional travel throughout the Bay Area, and may require occasional travel to other regions.
What You Need:
Key Qualities and Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of and alignment with Summit Public Schools’ mission, vision and values
- Strong analytical skills
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- The ability to balance multiple priorities and execute effectively
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate in a persuasive capacity when speaking internally and externally
- Strong computer skills, including Google Apps and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with a graduate degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in education leadership, consulting, human resources or related field
- Willingness to travel regularly in California and occasionally to other regions
- Meet health clearance, and pass the reference, background/criminal checks, per education code
- Previous experience in education preferred.
- Experience with recruitment software (Greenhouse, HRIS systems, etc) and/or Tableau preferred.
Who You Are:
- You maintain high expectations for all students and believe all students can find success in school, college, and life.
- You’re a self-starter. You take initiative to solve problems.
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with your colleagues. You find positivity in share successes.
- You share our vision to reimagine what schools should be and are excited to make an impact on the public education landscape.
- You are positive and resilient in the face of big challenges.
- You possess strong people management skills, with the ability to motivate, inspire, develop, and collaborate with a diverse group of teachers, leaders, staff members, and community members.
- You have an ability to apply honest, actionable, and timely feedback that results in improved performance.
- You are empathetic and culturally competent. You’re open to having hard conversations.
- You thrive in innovative environments, and are comfortable with the ambiguity that can come with a dynamic and progressive workplace.
- You’re committed to continuous improvement, see feedback as a positive, and have a growth mindset.
What you get:
Summit offers competitive salaries and benefit options for full-time employees, including covering 75% of the health, dental and vision plan costs. We fully cover life and disability insurance. We have a “take what you need” PTO policy, 11 paid holidays and 3 week-long organizational closures during the year.
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Summit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Spanish language proficiency is a plus.