The Summit Learning Program is looking for a mid-to-senior level Designer/Art Director who will work with our External Engagement (EE) team to design communications and content about our program. The Designer/AD will report directly to the Creative Director for Summit Learning and will sit on the larger EE team to execute the nonprofit organization’s branding and direct strategies across multiple visual channels: email, social media, print and digital ads, company website, collateral, in-class signage, and video assets.
This is the perfect position for an individual who wants to use their honed design skills to change the future of youth education for the better. We are looking for a self-starter who isn't afraid to take initiative and dive deeply into a new role. This position requires a team-oriented, energetic professional who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and has a strong willingness and desire to learn.
We’re all really nice folks, so a great attitude is a must too!
Who We Are:
The Summit Learning approach is a way for students to unlock the power within themselves to live a fulfilled and successful life. We endow children across the country with the content knowledge, habits, and skills they’ll need to successfully navigate life after graduation.
The Summit Learning Program is a free program for public schools, that uses proven learning science to bring the idea of personalized learning to reality. This program has been so successful that it is currently being utilized in nearly 400 schools in 38 states and the District of Columbia.
Are you looking for the opportunity to lead change? Do you want to help define what the future of American education is? We put students in the driver’s seat and empower them with the skills and habits they need to be successful in college and life. We need diverse, driven, and dynamic talent to join our growing team to help realize our educational vision.
What You’ll Do:
- Design materials for collateral/content (flyers, posters, postcards, white papers, presentations, social media, etc.) for both in-school and promotional initiatives.
- Create relevant and brand-reflective print and digital ads.
- Respond to cross-departmental design needs.
- Work with internal team to ensure that designed material is ready to hand off to outside vendors/media.
- Solve organizational needs, questions, and problems visually.
- Act as the visual brand steward and expert.
- Work with junior designers to critique and improve their work.
- Work with Creative Director to develop, refine, and execute brand standards.
What You Need:
Key Qualities and Skills
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- 5-8 years relevant design experience is required; experience in education or nonprofit organizations is a plus.
- Experience working at an agency or in-house design team is strongly preferred.
- Excellent design skills are required.
- Thorough knowledge of all necessary design software, including Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom and Illustrator.
- Clear health and background check.
- An awesome attitude.
Who You Are:
- You maintain high expectations for all students and believe all students can find success in school, college, and life.
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with your colleagues. You find positivity in share successes.
- You’re deeply dedicated to social justice and feel motivated by the challenge and impact of working in a heterogeneous community and closing the achievement gap.
- You share our vision to reimagine what schools should be and are excited to make an impact on the public education landscape.
- You are data-driven and have the ability to collect, evaluate, and utilize data in meaningful ways.
- You are positive and resilient in the face of big challenges.
- You take initiative and ownership in driving your work to meet personal and team goals.
- You possess strong relationship skills, with the ability to motivate, inspire, develop, and communicate with a diverse group of teachers, leaders, team members, and community members.
- You have an ability to apply honest, actionable, and timely feedback that results in improved performance.
- You have a strategic mindset when it comes to executing professional development initiatives.
- You are empathetic and culturally competent. You’re open to having hard conversations.
- You thrive in innovative environments and are comfortable with the ambiguity that can come with a dynamic and progressive workplace.
- You’re committed to continuous improvement, see feedback as a positive, and have a growth mindset.
What you get:
Summit offers competitive salaries and benefit options for full-time employees, including covering 75% of the health, dental and vision plan costs. We fully cover life and disability insurance. We have a “take what you need” PTO policy, 11 paid holidays and 3 weeks of organizational-wide closure during the year.
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Summit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.