The Learning Experience team will support implementation and execution of the world’s most excellent version of Summit Learning by focusing on:
- Developing a comprehensive, backward mapped, differentiated professional development plan for teachers and school leaders that ensures they are supported in executing an excellent learning experience for all students.
- Customizing professional development materials created by the Summit Learning Program to be used in teacher and school leader professional development experiences.
- Collaborating with Heads of School, school leadership and teachers to design, customize and facilitate professional development experiences that are responsive to the needs of the professional educators across the organization.
- Supporting course level teacher leaders as they collaborate with their peers across the organization to customize and execute the base curriculum.
The leader of the Learning Experience team will drive the vision for the Learning Experience team. This includes building, managing, and coaching a mid-sized team to drive the highest quality of work and operational efficiency in academic model implementation, assessments, and professional development for Summit Public Schools teachers, school leaders, and faculty.
The leader will report to the Superintendent and collaborate frequently with the Leadership Team, Heads of Schools, and curriculum team.
The ideal candidate has a strong track record of team management to drive results, excellent communication and project management skills, and a deep commitment to continuous improvement.
Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with both the content knowledge and also the habits and skills necessary to successfully navigate college and career? This is the question that guides our mission at Summit Public Schools. Summit is a leading network of public schools that prepare a diverse student population for success in a four-year college and to be thoughtful, contributing members of society. We operate 11 schools serving over 4,500 students in the Bay Area and Washington state. Historically, 98 percent of Summit graduates are accepted four-year colleges, and Summit graduates complete college at double the national average.
We share our personalized approach to teaching and learning for free through Summit Learning, with more than 380 partner schools across the country. Summit Learning forms the foundation on which Summit’s successful schools were built, with our schools consistently ranking among the best in the nation.
Are you looking for the opportunity to lead change? Do you want to help reimagine what schools should be? We need diverse, driven, and dynamic talent to join our growing team to help realize our educational vision.
What You’ll Do:
- Set long-term goals and priorities for the Learning Experience Team
- Lead development of strategic plan for a comprehensive, backward mapped and differentiated professional development experience for teachers and school leaders to execute the highest quality learning experience for all students
- Collaborate with school leaders and other team leads to design, differentiate, and facilitate professional development experiences that are responsive to the needs of educators across the organization
Coaching and Management
- Build, manage, and coach the Learning Experience team
- Support team needs to drive the highest quality of work and operational efficiency in academic model implementation, assessments, and professional development for teachers, school leaders, and faculty.
- Collaborate with team members and school leaders to establish accountability and performance measures for each team member and school
- Ensure there are feedback mechanisms in place and carefully monitor data from these feedback mechanisms to update and improve the Summit Learning experience
- Ensure that all school leaders and teachers are set up for success in executing an excellent learning experience
- Manage various projects including creation of custom professional development experiences, supporting course level teacher leaders
- Monitor outcomes and make adaptations as necessary to achieve target results
- Collaborate closely with the Superintendent, Leadership Team and Curriculum Team to ensure that the vision of the Summit Public Schools learning experience is executed with quality and fidelity
- Work strategically with the Summit Learning curriculum team to apply curriculum in the specific context of Summit Public Schools
What You Need:
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life
- Bachelor’s Degree (a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership preferred but not required)
- 2+ years leading successful teams in education is required
- Proficiency in Google Platforms, including Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Slides.
- Clear health and background check
Who You Are:
- You maintain high expectations for all students and believe all students can find success in school, college, and life.
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with your colleagues. You find positivity in share successes.
- You’re deeply dedicated to social justice and feel motivated by the challenge and impact of working in a heterogenous community and closing the achievement gap.
- You share our vision to reimagine what schools should be and are excited to make an impact on the public education landscape.
- You are positive and resilient in the face of big challenges.
- You possess strong people management skills, with the ability to motivate, inspire, develop, and collaborate with a diverse group of teachers, leaders, staff members, and community members.
- You have an ability to apply honest, actionable, and timely feedback that results in improved performance.
- You are empathetic and culturally competent. You’re open to having hard conversations.
- You thrive in innovative environments, and are comfortable with the ambiguity that can come with a dynamic and progressive workplace.
- You’re committed to continuous improvement, see feedback as a positive, and have a growth mindset.
What you get:
Summit offers competitive salaries and benefit options for full-time employees, including covering 75% of the health, dental and vision plan costs. We fully cover life and disability insurance. We have a “take what you need” PTO policy, 11 paid holidays and 3 week-long organizational closures during the year.
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Summit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Spanish language proficiency is a plus.
We don't just encourage diversity and inclusion—we believe it's a requirement for us to be successful in our mission of helping all children succeed. Since we serve a diverse community of schools, educators, parents, and students, we need our team members to bring a broad range of lived experiences to the table with them. This is the only way we can ensure we are staying close to the work and building an authentic relationship with the people we serve.