Marketing Analyst - Summit Learning Program
The Marketing Analyst will serve as a primary strategic partner for the Summit Learning Program’s External Engagement team. This team leads communications, marketing, creative content, and growth for the Summit Learning Program. The Marketing Analyst will report to the Director of Marketing and will work to maximize the effectiveness of the team through data collection, data analysis and reporting, and data-driven decision-making.
Who We Are:
The Summit Learning approach is a way for students to unlock the power within themselves to live a fulfilled and successful life. We endow children across the country with the content knowledge, habits, and skills they’ll need to successfully navigate life after graduation.
The Summit Learning Program is a free program for schools that uses proven learning science to bring a personalized learning experience for every student to life. This program has been so successful that it is currently being utilized in nearly 400 schools in 38 states and the District of Columbia.
Are you looking for the opportunity to lead change? Do you want to help define what the future of American education is? We need diverse, driven, and dynamic talent to join our growing team to help realize our educational vision.
What You’ll Do:
Data Collection & Systems Management
- Collect data from tools and sources such as Google Analytics, Wordpress, Social Media, and Salesforce to understand how effectively we are reaching our audiences and meeting our goals
- Manage Salesforce as our primary CRM
- Assess current data best practices to ensure that systems are in place to collect the necessary data for marketing and growth.
- Provide clear policies/procedures and team-member training for systems in use, to ensure the integrity of data entered into all systems.
- Establish data quality standards and work with team leadership to implement and ensure standards are met.
Data Analysis & Reporting
- Develop measurement strategies for complex (multi-channel) campaigns.
- Gather, capture, and utilize multiple relevant datasets to develop a comprehensive view of a task or problem.
- Set up and implement advanced web analytics to achieve a greater understanding of customer behavior
- Translate multiple data types into insights and marketing recommendations
- Create compelling presentations of data (i.e. data dashboards using tools such as Google Data Studio, Domo, or Tableau) for the team to use to track campaigns and channels
- Ensure regular reporting of data and internal team analysis in order for team members to track and evaluate progress towards goals set.
- Effectively communicate insights to the larger team
Data-Driven Decision Making
- Help drive decisions around marketing and growth strategies using analytics
- Promote best practices around website optimization
- Help team members use data to drive goal-setting, decisions, and behaviors
- Identify opportunities and recommend solutions for improvement based on data and aligned to the organizational mission; build buy-in and consensus for action.
- Use Tableau, Google Apps, Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services, MS Excel, Powerpoint, or other tools to customize and create powerful, sustainable and user-friendly tools and analyses to drive data-driven decision-making
- Keep an ear to the ground for the latest developments in web analytics and provide recommendations for how we stay up to date
Who You Are:
Key Qualities & Skills
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; degree in Business Analytics, Marketing, Statistics, Data Science, or related analytical field is preferred.
- 5-7+ years prior work experience is required, including previous experience in digital marketing.
- Prior experience with and knowledge of marketing automation systems such as MailChimp and Pardot, certification in Salesforce, Pardot, and/or Marketo is preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of Google Analytics is required; certification is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience working with Salesforce, Tableau, DOMO, Asana, and Wordpress is required.
- Prior experience working in the education sector is preferred.
- Proficiency in Google Platforms, including Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Slides.
- Clear health and background check.
Who You Are:
- You maintain high expectations for all students and believe all students can find success in school, college, and life.
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with your colleagues. You find positivity in shared successes.
- You share our vision to reimagine what schools should be and are excited to make an impact on the public education landscape.
- You are data-driven and have exceptional data analysis skills to surface patterns and create solutions for the team to readily act upon.
- You have outstanding organizational skills and possess the ability to create and manage effective systems.
- You have expertise in supporting complex and dynamic projects across functions and teams.
- You are positive and resilient in the face of big challenges.
- You take initiative and ownership in driving your work to meet personal and team goals.
- You possess strong relationship skills, with the ability to motivate, inspire, develop, and communicate with a diverse group of teachers, leaders, staff members, and community members.
- You have the ability to apply honest, actionable, and timely feedback that results in improved performance.
- You are empathetic and culturally competent. You’re open to having hard conversations.
- You thrive in innovative environments and are comfortable with the ambiguity that can come with a dynamic and progressive workplace.
- You’re committed to continuous improvement, see feedback as a positive, and have a growth mindset.
What you get:
Summit offers competitive salaries and benefit options for full-time employees, including covering 75% of the health, dental and vision plan costs. We fully cover life and disability insurance. We have a “take what you need” PTO policy, 11 paid holidays and 3 weeks of organizational-wide closure during the year.
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Summit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We don't just encourage diversity and inclusion—we believe it's a requirement for us to be successful in our mission of helping all children succeed. Since we serve a diverse community of schools, educators, parents, and students, we need our team members to bring a broad range of lived experiences to the table with them. This is the only way we can ensure we are staying close to the work and building an authentic relationship with the people we serve.