At Summit Public Schools we believe that students should pursue and explore their passions. Athletics is one of the many ways to do this, and as a public charter school, this is a compliment to our academic programming.
We are looking for Athletic Coaches who are not only passionate about sports, but college equity for all young adults developing leadership and teamwork skills. Our coaches should recognize the role that sports and physical education play in enhancing a student’s sense of belonging to the school community.
Schedules vary by team. Coaches will run 2-3 practices per week and must be available for all games. Exact schedule will vary based on coach's availability.
Available positions are temporary/seasonal and include:
- Boys/Girls Cross Country Coach- FALL (Aug 26 to Nov 9)
- Girls Volleyball Coach- FALL (Aug 26 to Nov 15)
- Girls Soccer Coach- FALL (Aug 26 to Nov 23)
- Girls Basketball Coach- WINTER (Nov 8 to Feb 28)
- Boys Basketball Coach- WINTER (Nov 8 to Feb 28)
- Boys Basketball Asst Coach- WINTER (Nov 8 to Feb 28)
- Boys/Girls Golf Coach- SPRING (Feb 25 to May 22)
- Track & Field Coach- SPRING (Feb 19 to May 25)
- Boys Soccer Coach- SPRING (Feb 19 to May 25)
Who We Are
What if all students graduated high school with not only content knowledge, but the habits and skills to successfully navigate college and career with a sense of purpose to anchor them? This is the question at the core of Summit Public Schools. Summit is a public school system serving heterogeneous communities in the Bay Area and Washington State and operates 11 schools serving over 3,600 students.
Are you looking for the opportunity to lead change? Do you want to help re-imagine what schools should be? We put students in the driver’s seat and empower them with the skills and habits they need to be successful in college and life. We need diverse, driven and dynamic talent to join our growing team to help realize our educational vision.
What You’ll Do
The Coach will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop a team/program that is values driven and supports school mission of College, Character and Community
- Model behaviors and the values of Summit Public Schools
- Supervision and administration of the team
- Work with the athletic director on team budget, including fundraising efforts
- Uniform and equipment maintenance and tracking and plan the end of season awards program.
- Communication with parents and students
- Help with the scheduling for a full season of athletic events at Shasta, including officials and facilities
- Provide instruction to student-athletes on the fundamentals, details and strategies of the sport
What You Need:
Key Qualities and Skills
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values and beliefs that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life.
- A passion for education and physical education/sports.
- Prior coaching experience is preferred.
- Clear health and background check.
- An ability to travel to games, practices and other events throughout the season.
Who You Are:
- You maintain high expectations and believe all students can find success in school, college and life.
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with your colleagues. You find positives in sharing successes.
- You’re deeply dedicated to social justice and feel motivated by the challenge and impact of working in a heterogeneous community and closing the achievement gap.
- You share our vision to re-imagine what schools should be and are excited to make an impact on the public educational landscape.
- You possess strong relationship skills with the ability to motivate, inspire, develop and communicate with a diverse group of students.
- You are positive and resilient in the face of big challenges.
- You possess outstanding organizational skills and have a passion for the details.
- You are empathetic and culturally competent. You’re open to having difficult conversations.
- You thrive in innovative environments and are comfortable with the ambiguity that can come with a dynamic and progressive workplace.
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Summit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.