The Manager of Development & Partnerships will lead the Summit Tour Experience by providing compelling experiences in Summit Schools that both build awareness of and expand support for Summit; and will support other development-related initiatives.
The Manager of Development & Partnerships will focus primarily on crafting and implementing a robust tours program that educates and engages existing potential partners, funders, researchers, and others with Summit Public Schools. Additionally, this person will report to and support the Director of Development through prospect research, grant proposal and report writing, and donor cultivation.
This role requires an ability to communicate and motivate others towards a compelling vision of personalized learning through systems development and strategies to elevate Summit Public Schools. The ideal candidate possesses excellent communication and relationship-building skills, is flexible, and has strong project management skills. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual seeking to gain and cultivate their skills in fundraising and development work.
This position will require travel through the Bay Area and occasional visits to Washington State.
Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with not only content knowledge, but the habits and skills to successfully navigate college and career, with a sense of purpose to anchor them? This is the question at the core of Summit Public Schools. Summit is a public school system serving heterogeneous communities in the Bay Area and Washington State and operate 11 schools serving over 3,600 students.
Are you looking for the opportunity to lead change? Do you want to help reimagine what schools should be? We put students in the driver’s seat and empower them with the skills and habits they need to be successful in college and life. We need diverse, driven, and dynamic talent to join our growing team to help realize our educational vision.
What You’ll Do:
Programming, Tours, & Development
- Implement a comprehensive tour program that will engage stakeholders from pre-tour through post-tour experience - this includes developing opportunities to learn more about Summit, creating materials to gather feedback, and following up on action items as needed.
- Support the Development Director in creating powerful and compelling collateral and experiences to support program efforts, including signature events, quarterly phone conferences, annual report, and quarterly reports.
- Develop and manage the operational systems required to track the success and status of the Summit tour experience.
- Support Summit’s development initiatives by identifying and analyzing prospective donors who are aligned with Summit Public School’s mission.
- Support the Development Director in crafting and reviewing grant proposals.
- Provide regular reports on the success and status of tours to organizational leaders.
Collaboration & Relationship Management
- Collaborate with the CEO and other Summit leaders to implement a tour prioritization strategy that will maximize organizational resources to cultivate donor relationships, engage with potential partners, and build support for Summit Public Schools among educational leaders and policymakers.
- Partner with the External Engagement team to develop current and compelling tour and fund development collaterals.
- Represent Summit and the team compellingly in leadership capacity both internally and externally.
What You Need:
Key Qualities and Skills
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 1-3 years prior work experience in a fast-paced, innovative environment is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in education, development, and/or investor/partner relationships is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in project management is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Google Platforms, including Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Slides.
- Clear health and background check.
- An ability to travel to Summit Public Schools in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington State.
Who You Are:
- You maintain high expectations for all students and believe all students can find success in school, college, and life.
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with your colleagues. You find positivity in shared successes.
- You’re deeply dedicated to social justice and feel motivated by the challenge and impact of working in a heterogeneous community and closing the achievement gap.
- You share our vision to reimagine what schools should be and are excited to make an impact on the public education landscape.
- You are eager to learn and passionate about becoming involved in the educational development and fundraising space.
- You are data-driven and have the ability to collect, evaluate, and utilize data in meaningful ways.
- You have expertise in leading complex and dynamic projects across functions and teams.
- You are positive and resilient in the face of big challenges.
- You take initiative and ownership in driving your work to meet personal and team goals.
- You possess strong relationship skills, with the ability to motivate, inspire, develop, and communicate with a diverse group of teachers, leaders, staff members, and community members.
- You have an ability to apply honest, actionable, and timely feedback that results in improved performance.
- You are empathetic and culturally competent. You’re open to having hard conversations.
- You thrive in innovative environments, and are comfortable with the ambiguity that can come with a dynamic and progressive workplace.
- You’re committed to continuous improvement, see feedback as a positive, and have a growth mindset.
What you get:
Summit offers competitive salaries and benefit options for full-time employees, including covering 75% of the health, dental and vision plan costs. We fully cover life and disability insurance. We have a “take what you need” PTO policy, 11 paid holidays and 3 weeks of organizational-wide closure during the year.
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Summit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.