Curriculum Manager - Elementary Math
The Curriculum Manager for Elementary Math works as a member of Summit’s Curriculum & Assessment Team, which builds curriculum for Summit Public Schools and partner schools across the country in the Summit Learning Program.
The Curriculum Manager will be a visionary and collaborative math educator with deep knowledge, skill, and experience in math. The role requires expertise in math curriculum design and professional development. The work of this team is at the forefront of curriculum and assessment in the nation and will immediately and meaningfully impact thousands of students and educators.
Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with not only content knowledge, but the habits and skills to successfully navigate college and career, with a sense of purpose to anchor them? This is the question at the core of Summit Public Schools. Summit is a public school system serving heterogeneous communities in the Bay Area and Washington State and operate 11 schools serving over 3,600 students.
We share our personalized approach to teaching and learning for free through Summit Learning, with more than 330 partner schools across the country. Summit Learning forms the foundation on which Summit’s successful schools were built, with our schools consistently ranking among the best in the nation.
Are you looking for the opportunity to lead change? Do you want to help reimagine what schools should be? We put students in the driver’s seat and empower them with the skills and habits they need to be successful in college and life. We need diverse, driven, and dynamic talent to join our growing team to help realize our educational vision.
What You'll Do:
Curriculum Development & Research
- Design and develop a comprehensive approach for elementary math to meet the needs of all students
- Support and maintain this approach through professional development, curriculum creation, and data monitoring and analysis.
- Stay abreast of research and trends involving math curriculum and assessment, acting as a resource for the Curriculum and Instruction Team, as well as teachers and school leaders in Summit Learning Partner schools.
Collaboration & Relationship Management
- Collaborate closely with other Curriculum Managers to ensure that the Summit Learning curriculum is accessible to all students in elementary math.
- Support and maintain educational partnerships beyond Summit related to foundational numeracy development and math education, as appropriate.
- Present as a positive and knowledgeable ambassador of Summit Learning, Summit Public Schools, and the Curriculum & Instruction team with educational partnerships
What You Need:
Key Qualities and Skills
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life.
- Bachelor’s Degree (a Master’s Degree in Education, Curriculum, Teaching, or Learning Design is preferred but not required).
- At least 2 years in teaching as a general educator, special educator, or math interventionist is required; additional teaching experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in Google Platforms, including Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Slides.
- Clear health and background check.
- An ability to travel to schools participating in the Summit Learning Program across the country.
Who You Are:
- You maintain high expectations for all students and believe all students can find success in school, college, and life.
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with your colleagues. You find positivity in share successes.
- You’re deeply dedicated to social justice and feel motivated by the challenge and impact of working in a heterogenous community and closing the achievement gap.
- You share our vision to reimagine what schools should be and are excited to make an impact on the public education landscape.
- You are data driven and have the ability to collect, evaluate, and utilize data in meaningful ways.
- You have a deep understanding of numeracy development, instruction, and the Common Core math standards.
- You are positive and resilient in the face of big challenges.
- You take initiative and ownership in driving your work to meet personal and team goals.
- You possess strong relationship skills, with the ability to motivate, inspire, develop, and communicate with a diverse group of teachers, leaders, staff members, and community members.
- You have an ability to apply honest, actionable, and timely feedback that results in improved performance.
- You have a strategic mindset when it comes to executing Curriculum and Instruction initiatives.
- You are empathetic and culturally competent. You’re open to having hard conversations.
- You thrive in innovative environments, and are comfortable with the ambiguity that can come with a dynamic and progressive workplace.
- You’re committed to continuous improvement, see feedback as a positive, and have a growth mindset.
What you get:
Summit offers competitive salaries and benefit options for full-time employees, including covering 75% of the health, dental and vision plan costs. We fully cover life and disability insurance. We have a “take what you need” PTO policy, 11 paid holidays and 3 weeks of organizational-wide closure during the year.
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Summit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.