Director of Data & Operations - Summit Learning Program
The Director of DataOps will serve as a primary strategy partner for the Summit Learning Program’s External Engagement team. This team leads communications, outreach, creative content and growth for the Summit Learning Program. The Director of DataOps will report to the Chief External Officer, and will work to maximize the effectiveness of each team function, as well as cross-functional teamwork, through data collection, analysis and reporting and project management, goal setting and data-driven decision-making.
Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with not only content knowledge, but the habits and skills to successfully navigate college and career, with a sense of purpose to anchor them? This is the question at the core of Summit Public Schools. Summit is a public school system serving heterogeneous communities in the Bay Area and Washington State and operate 11 schools serving over 3,600 students.
We share our personalized approach to teaching and learning - Summit Learning - for free through the Summit Learning Program, with more than 330 partner schools across the country. Summit Learning forms the foundation on which Summit’s successful schools were built, with our schools consistently ranking among the best in the nation.
Are you looking for the opportunity to lead change? Do you want to help reimagine what schools should be? We put students in the driver’s seat and empower them with the skills and habits they need to be successful in college and life. We need diverse, driven, and dynamic talent to join our growing team to help realize our educational vision.
What You’ll Do:
(1) Support with Internal Team Operations
- Project manage the organization and prioritization of daily, weekly, or monthly operations of the team.
- Lead in the progress monitoring of team or Team Lead facing deliverables, tasks, or projects.
- Design elegant and practical solutions, and rapidly implement and evaluate the effectiveness and usability of internal systems.
- Efficiently streamline work tasks that contribute to the organizational mission.
- Continually optimize the delivery of existing services; scales and transfers innovations that show evidence of promise.
- Along with the team, define shared vision and goals aligned with organizational priorities and translates goals into individual responsibilities.
(2) Data Collection & Systems Management
- Assess current data practices to ensure that systems are in place to collect the necessary data for each team function.
- Provide clear policies/procedures and team-member training for systems in use, to ensure integrity of data entered into all systems.
- Establish data quality standards and work with team leadership to ensure standards are met.
(3) Data Analysis & Reporting
- Gather, capture, and utilize multiple relevant data sets to develop a comprehensive view of a task or problem.
- Calculate and analyze data to create compelling presentations of data (i.e. data dashboards).
- Ensure regular reporting of data and internal team analysis in order for team member to track and evaluate progress towards goals set.
- Develop reports of team progress for presentation to Leadership Team as well as external partners and stakeholders.
(4) Data-Driven Decision Making
- Use data to diagnose current state of the team, carefully considering systemic patterns, identifying root causes, and connecting data to practices.
- Help team members use data to drive goal-setting, decisions, and behaviors.
- Identify opportunities and recommends solutions for improvement based in data and aligned to the organizational mission; builds buy in and consensus for action.
Who You Are:
- Exceptional data analysis skills to surface patterns and create solutions or recommendations that the External Engagement Team may readily act upon.
- Exceptional systematic mind; strong organizational skills with the ability to create and manage effective systems.
- Builds strong personal relationships that builds trust on the team.
- Strong time management skills. Has ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time and prioritize based on importance and urgency; demonstrates flexibility and adaptability.
- Evidence of strong execution. Does not let any balls drop; is self-directed and takes initiative; operates with “roll up sleeves” attitude.
- Commitment to mission. Shares belief that all students are capable of being college ready and willing to go above and beyond to serve children and their communities.
- Fit with values and culture. Displays core characteristics of compassion, courage, curiosity, respect, responsibility, and integrity; demonstrates a growth mindset; able to give and receive honest, actionable, and timely feedback.
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
- 5-7+ years work experience
- Bachelor’s degree mandatory; masters preferred
- Proficiency in Google Apps and Google Analytics
- Previous experience working with Salesforce or equivalent CRM
- Previous experience working with DOMO, Asana, and 7geese (preferred)
- Prior experience working in the education sector (preferred)
What You Get:
Summit offers competitive salaries and benefit options for full-time employees, including covering 75% of the health, dental, and vision plan costs. We fully cover life and disability insurance. We have a “take what you need” PTO policy, 11 paid holidays, and 3 weeks of organizational-wide closure during the year.
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Summit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.