Community Engagement Manager
Summit Public Schools is seeking a Community Engagement Manager in the Sunnyvale area to support the cultivation of strong community partnerships that allows us to recruit new families at Summit Denali.
The Community Engagement Manager’s primary responsibility will be to work with families and school leaders to ensure we operate our schools at full capacity. This would be an ideal position for an individual aiming to apply their communication, community organizing, project management and teamwork skills, to their passion for serving youth and education.
We are looking for a self-starter who isn't afraid to take initiative and dive deeply into a new role. This position requires a team-oriented, energetic professional who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and with a strong willingness and desire to learn.
The Community Engagement Manager is based in Sunnyvale and requires frequent travel throughout greater South Bay as well as periodic travel to other Summit schools in the Bay Area. The Community Engagement Manager will report to the School Directors at Summit Denali.
Who We Are
What if all students graduated high school with not only content knowledge, but the habits and skills to successfully navigate college and career, with a sense of purpose to anchor them? This is the question at the core of Summit Public Schools. Summit is a public school system serving heterogeneous communities in the Bay Area and Washington State and operate 11 schools serving over 3,600 students.
Are you looking for the opportunity to lead change? Do you want to help reimagine what schools should be? We put students in the driver’s seat and empower them with the skills and habits they need to be successful in college and life. We need diverse, driven, and dynamic talent to join our growing team to help realize our educational vision.
What You’ll Do:
The Community Engagement Manager’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Generate awareness & engagement from prospective families and community organizations in local communities
- Deeply understand communities and prospective families of Summit schools in the greater West Seattle area
- Lead on marketing and advertising initiatives to generate awareness in local communities (i.e., flyering, print ads, direct mail, Google Adwords, etc.)
- Develop, update, and order recruitment collateral and swag
- Outreach to high-potential community organizations, feeder schools, and community leaders, and potentially host tours on campus
- Canvass at community events, retailers, community organizations to generate interest from prospective families
- Manage programs to generate and promote referrals among families
- Ensure websites and social media (i.e., Facebook, NextDoor) showcase recruitment events and information
- Support collection and analysis of data from recruitment tactics to determine efficacy and optimizations
- Support development of resources & trainings for recruitment
- Support Operations Managers with Parent, & Student Ambassador recruitment trainings
- Manage Parent Ambassador & Student Ambassador recruitment program
- Develop and/or contribute to recruitment resources & toolkits (i.e., event experiences, templates, scripts, etc.) that codifies best practices and learnings
- New Student Recruitment & Prospective Family Engagement
- Manage recruitment systems to track interest and applications
- Research community events and organize Summit involvement
- Support coordination of sector-wide recruitment events with other charter leaders
- Develop marketing materials and written communication
- Contact and follow-up with prospective families throughout different stages in the recruitment & enrollment cycle
- Send regular communications / newsletters to prospective families
- Analyze data to determine the efficacy of different recruitment events
- Meet with school leaders to coordinate and help execute school specific recruitment events
- Assist school administration with engagement activities with current students and families
What You Need:
Key Qualities and Skills
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Prior School and/or Office Experience is strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English and Spanish required.
- Prior experience working with families and demonstrating an ability to understand and meet their needs, preferably in a school setting.
- Prior experience developing resources and delivering trainings to improve knowledge and skill sets of an audience.
- Proficiency in Google Platforms, including Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Slides.
- Clear health and background check.
Who You Are:
- You maintain high expectations for all students and believe all students can find success in school, college, and life.
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with your colleagues. You find positivity in share successes.
- You’re deeply dedicated to social justice and feel motivated by the challenge and impact of working in a heterogeneous community and closing the achievement gap.
- You share our vision to reimagine what schools should be and are excited to make an impact on the public education landscape.
- You possess strong relationship skills, with the ability to motivate, inspire, develop, and communicate with a diverse group of teachers, leaders, staff members, and community members.
- You are data driven and have the ability to collect, evaluate, and utilize data in meaningful ways.
- You are positive and resilient in the face of big challenges.
- You take initiative and ownership in driving your work to meet personal and team goals.
- You possess outstanding organizational skills and have a passion for the details.
- You are empathetic and culturally competent. You’re open to having hard conversations.
- You thrive in innovative environments and are comfortable with the ambiguity that can come with a dynamic and progressive workplace.
- You’re committed to continuous improvement, see feedback as a positive, and have a growth mindset.
What you get:
Summit offers competitive salaries and benefit options, including covering 75% of the health, dental and vision plan costs. We fully cover life and disability insurance. We have a “take what you need” PTO policy, 11 paid holidays, 2 week-long organization closure during the year, and a summer break. We value our teachers’ Summit experience, offering stipends for teachers who have been with us for three or more years and helping teachers grow with us through designated time for paid professional development and regular coaching.
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Summit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.