At Summit Public Schools we believe that all students should pursue their passions. Athletics is one of many ways students can explore their passions. As a public charter school, our athletics program is a compliment to our academic programming. We are looking for Athletic Coaches who are passionate about educational equity and college for all and developing young adult leadership and teamwork skills. Our coaches should recognize the role that sports and physical education play in enhancing a student’s sense of belonging to the school community.
Schedules vary by team. Coaches will run 2-3 practices per week and must be available for all games. Exact schedule will vary based on coach's availability.
Available positions are temporary/seasonal and include:
Boys Soccer - Winter (12/1/18 - 2/13/19)
- Girls Soccer - Winter (10/29/18 - 2/12/19)
Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with not only content knowledge, but the habits and skills to successfully navigate college and career, with a sense of purpose to anchor them? This is the question at the core of Summit Public Schools. Summit is a leading charter management organization serving heterogeneous communities in the Bay Area and Washington state. We operate 11 schools serving over 3,600 students.
Are you looking for the opportunity to lead change? Do you want to help reimagine what schools should be? We put students in the driver’s seat, empowering students with the skills and habits they need to be successful in college and life. We need diverse, driven, and dynamic teachers to join our growing team to help realize our educational vision.
What You'll Do:
- Develop a team/ program that is values driven and supports school mission of College, Character, and Community
- Model behaviors and the values of Summit Public Schools.
- Supervision and administration of the team
- Work with the athletic director on team budget, including fundraising efforts
- Uniform and equipment maintenance and tracking and plan the end of season awards program.
- Communication with parents and students
- Help with the scheduling for a full season of athletic events at Shasta, including officials and facilities.
- Provide instruction to student-athletes on the fundamentals, details, and strategies of the sport
What You Need:
Key Qualities and Skills
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life.
- A passion for education and physical education/sports.
- Prior coaching experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in Google Platforms, including Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Slides.
- Clear health and background check.
- An ability to travel to games, practices, and other events throughout the season.
Who You Are:
- You maintain high expectations for all students and believe all students can find success in school, college, and life.
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with your colleagues. You find positivity in share successes.
- You’re deeply dedicated to social justice and feel motivated by the challenge and impact of working in a heterogeneous community and closing the achievement gap.
- You share our vision to reimagine what schools should be and are excited to make an impact on the public education landscape.
- You thrive in innovative environments and are comfortable with the ambiguity that can come with a dynamic and progressive workplace.
- You have an ability to apply honest, actionable, and timely feedback that results in improved performance.
- You possess strong relationship and communication skills, with the ability to motivate, inspire, develop, and communicate with a diverse group of students, faculty, staff, and other stakeholders.
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Summit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Spanish language proficiency is a plus.