Building Operations Manager
The Building Operations Manager will support the school leadership team to ensure a warm and welcoming environment and strong and compliant daily site operations.
The Building Operations Manager will manage front desk operations, including visitor communications, student attendance and records, office equipment maintenance, and on-site health and safety issues. This role also supports site operations and compliance projects while building a positive culture among staff, students, and families. The Building Operations Manager will report to the Executive Director.
The ideal candidate is a process- and systems-oriented multi-tasker, with a strong eye for detail and an ease in juggling any number of key tasks to keep on-site operations running smoothly. The ideal candidate is flexible, possesses excellent communication skills, and can quickly build strong relationships with faculty, staff, and students.
Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with not only content knowledge, but the habits and skills to successfully navigate college and career, with a sense of purpose to anchor them? This is the question at the core of Summit Public Schools. Summit is a public school system serving heterogeneous communities in the Bay Area and Washington State and operate 11 schools serving over 3,600 students.
We share our personalized approach to teaching and learning for free through Summit Learning, with more than 330 partner schools across the country. Summit Learning forms the foundation on which Summit’s successful schools were built, with our schools consistently ranking among the best in the nation.
Are you looking for the opportunity to lead change? Do you want to help reimagine what schools should be? We put students in the driver’s seat and empower them with the skills and habits they need to be successful in college and life. We need diverse, driven, and dynamic talent to join our growing team to help realize our educational vision.
What You’ll Do:
Front Desk Management
- Welcome visitors at front desk and create a warm, welcoming environment.
- Respond to all public inquiries; this includes answering phones and emails, checking voicemails, sending robocalls/robotexts, responding to questions from families and students, and assisting faculty with any inquiries.
- Receive, distribute, and prepare mail and shipments.
- Maintain site supply areas and assist with inventory control; order supplies and manage supply budget.
- Maintain office equipment and ensure that copier, fax, and postage meter are always in working order.
- Maintain supply of Chromebooks, distribute loaner equipment to students and faculty (laptops, headphones and charters) and coordinate equipment repairs
- Collect payments and provide receipts for each transaction.
- Coordinate all deposits and site accounting.
- Manage intake and ongoing maintenance of student cumulative folders, including processing records requests for entering and exiting students.
- Enter student enrollment data, update student information, and process student data for student withdrawals.
- Assist with distribution of report cards and transcripts.
- Process late arrivals and early dismissals; follow up with families of absent students.
- Maintain daily attendance reports and verify teacher daily attendance; prepare weekly attendance reports.
- Oversee weekly, monthly, and annual attendance procedures for reporting and audits.
Student & Family Engagement
- Assist with monitoring and management of student behavior.
- Assist with recruitment of new students.
- This includes advertising and setting up recruitment events; scheduling tours and shadows; assisting administration with new student enrollment and student shadow days; and translating communications for parents and local communities.
- Support parent volunteer program.
- Oversee daily meals program as site food manager
- This includes supervising daily deliveries, operating point of sale for breakfast and lunch, collecting payments, managing food servers, and completing training and certification.
- Monitor compliance of the National School Lunch Program.
- Manage meal application collection and processing.
Health & Safety
- Act as building safety lead, including management of site safety plan.
- This includes CPR, First Aid, and EpiPen training.
- Coordinate site emergency drills, site nursing services, and record and report any student incidents.
What You Need:
Key Qualities and Skills
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life.
- Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred.
- Office and/or prior school experience is strongly preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in project management or operations is preferred.
- Proficiency in Google Platforms, including Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Slides.
- Clear health and background check.
Who You Are:
- You maintain high expectations for all students and believe all students can find success in school, college, and life.
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with your colleagues. You find positivity in share successes.
- You’re deeply dedicated to social justice and feel motivated by the challenge and impact of working in a heterogeneous community and closing the achievement gap.
- You possess excellent organizational and project management skills, with an obsession for details.
- You share our vision to reimagine what schools should be and are excited to make an impact on the public education landscape.
- You are positive and resilient in the face of big challenges.
- You take initiative and ownership in driving your work to meet personal and team goals.
- You possess strong relationship skills, with the ability to motivate, inspire, develop, and communicate with a diverse group of teachers, leaders, staff members, and community members.
- You are empathetic and culturally competent. You’re open to having hard conversations.
- You thrive in innovative environments and are comfortable with the ambiguity that can come with a dynamic and progressive workplace.
- You’re committed to continuous improvement, see feedback as a positive, and have a growth mindset.
What you get:
Summit offers competitive salaries and benefit options for full-time employees, including covering 75% of the health, dental and vision plan costs. We fully cover life and disability insurance. We have a “take what you need” PTO policy, 11 paid holidays and 3 weeks of organizational-wide closure during the year.
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Summit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.