Data & Operations Specialist
Summit Public Schools is seeking a Data & Operations Specialist to support our work on data systems, data products and school-site operations. This role will lie on Summit’s Data & Operations team.
This role will help ensure our organization runs effectively and efficiently. Our personalized approach utilizes a variety of technologies. This position will support the maintenance of these technologies and address any issues that arise through our organization’s Help Desk function and through partnership with external vendors.
This individual will also help manage of our data systems, ensuring that data is accurate and kept up to date, and will support school-site operations by developing dashboards, reports and other to help drive operational excellence.
Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with not only content knowledge, but the habits and skills to successfully navigate college and career, with a sense of purpose to anchor them? This is the question at the core of Summit Public Schools. Summit is a public school system serving heterogeneous communities in the Bay Area and Washington State and operate 11 schools serving over 3,600 students.
We share our personalized approach to teaching and learning for free through Summit Learning, with more than 330 partner schools across the country. Summit Learning forms the foundation on which Summit’s successful schools were built, with our schools consistently ranking among the best in the nation.
Are you looking for the opportunity to lead change? Do you want to help reimagine what schools should be? We put students in the driver’s seat and empower them with the skills and habits they need to be successful in college and life. We need diverse, driven, and dynamic talent to join our growing team to help realize our educational vision.
What You'll Do:
- Respond quickly and politely to technical support requests and work with external vendors and our internal systems to address issues as quickly as possible.
- Learn and become fluent in our technology systems and structure in order to troubleshoot issues as quickly as possible
- Anticipate/troubleshoot issues based on analysis of tickets and work with vendors and internal systems to address recurring concerns
- Assist with creation of tools, templates, and trackers to support school leaders and site operations staff
- Support with operations knowledge management including creation of training resources and maintenance of online resource library
- Help prepare and execute operations trainings
- Support with additional projects as needed
- Support Managers of Data & Information Systems in ensuring that uploads to our technology systems are accurate and done in a timely manner
- Support the set up and facilitation of testing
Data Requests and Compliance
- Support data requests internally and externally, including pulling, manipulating, and analyzing data
- Support compliance needs when necessary including reading bylaws, technical manuals, and attending external trainings
What You Need:
Key Qualities and Skills
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Proficiency in Google Platforms, including Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Slides.
- Proficiency in Excel and an interest in learning more about advanced data tools is strongly preferred.
- Prior collegiate or professional experience in quantitative data collection, analysis, interpretation, and/or reporting is strongly preferred.
- Prior tutoring or teaching experience is preferred.
- Clear health and background check.
- An ability to travel to schools participating in the Summit Learning Program across the country.
Who You Are:
- You maintain high expectations for all students and believe all students can find success in school, college, and life.
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with your colleagues. You find positivity in share successes.
- You’re deeply dedicated to social justice and feel motivated by the challenge and impact of working in a heterogenous community and closing the achievement gap.
- You share our vision to reimagine what schools should be and are excited to make an impact on the public education landscape.
- You are data-driven and have the ability to collect, evaluate, and utilize data in meaningful ways.
- You are positive and resilient in the face of big challenge.
- You are a natural problem solver and are excited to find innovative solutions.
- You possess excellent organizational skills and have an eye for details.
- You take initiative and ownership in driving your work to meet personal and team goals.
- You have excellent communication skills, including interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills.
- You possess strong relationship skills, with the ability to communicate with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- You have an ability to apply honest, actionable, and timely feedback that results in improved performance.
- You have a customer service mindset when it comes to supporting teams across the organization.
- You have a knack for analyzing and assessing quantitative and qualitative data.
- You are empathetic and culturally competent. You’re open to having hard conversations.
- You thrive in innovative environments and are comfortable with the ambiguity that can come with a dynamic and progressive workplace.
- You’re committed to continuous improvement, see feedback as a positive, and have a growth mindset.
What you get:
Summit offers competitive salaries and benefit options for full-time employees, including covering 75% of the health, dental and vision plan costs. We fully cover life and disability insurance. We have a “take what you need” PTO policy, 11 paid holidays and 4 weeks of vacation during the year.
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Summit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.