Summit Prep - Redwood City, CA
Reporting to the Dean of Operations, the Office Assistant supports the school leadership team to provide a warm, welcoming and organized environment. As the first person that people see when they arrive, the Office Assistant is the face of Summit Prep and delivers first-class customer service to families, students, and other visitors. The Office Assistant will also keep the office neat, helping to ensure that daily operations run smoothly.
This position is required to work 40 hours per week.
Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with not only content knowledge, but the habits and skills to successfully navigate college and career, with a sense of purpose to anchor them? This is the question at the core of Summit Public Schools. Summit is a public school system serving heterogeneous communities in the Bay Area and Washington State and operate 11 schools serving over 3,600 students.
We share our personalized approach to teaching and learning for free through Summit Learning, with more than 330 partner schools across the country. Summit Learning forms the foundation on which Summit’s successful schools were built, with our schools consistently ranking among the best in the nation.
Are you looking for the opportunity to lead change? Do you want to help reimagine what schools should be? We put students in the driver’s seat and empower them with the skills and habits they need to be successful in college and life. We need diverse, driven, and dynamic talent to join our growing team to help realize our educational vision.
What You’ll Do:
- Welcome visitors at the front desk and create a warm, welcoming and organized environment
- Respond to public inquiries. This includes answering phones and emails, checking voicemails, sending robocalls/robotexts, responding to questions from families and students and assisting faculty with inquiries
- Process late arrivals and early dismissals and follow up with families of absent students
- Maintain daily attendance reports and verify teacher daily attendance; prepare weekly attendance reports
- Manage daily breakfast and lunch service. This includes supervising deliveries, operating point of sale, collecting payments
Front Desk Management
- Receive, distribute, and prepare mail and shipments
- Maintain school supply areas and assist with inventory control
- Maintain office equipment and ensure that copier, fax and postage meter are always in working order
- Coordinate distribution of loaners (laptops, headphones, chargers)
- Collect money for student lunch balances etc. and provide receipts for each transaction
- Enter student enrollment data, update student info, and process student data for exits/withdrawals
- Assist Operations Managers as needed
- Other duties as assigned
What You Need:
Key Qualities and Skills
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior School and/or Office Experience is strongly preferred
- Fluency in English and Spanish required
- Proficiency in Google Platforms, including Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Slides.
- Clear health and a background check
Who You Are:
- You maintain high expectations for all students and believe all students can find success in school, college, and life.
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with your colleagues. You find positivity in share successes.
- You’re deeply dedicated to social justice and feel motivated by the challenge and impact of working in a heterogeneous community and closing the achievement gap.
- You share our vision to reimagine what schools should be and are excited to make an impact on the public education landscape.
- You are positive and resilient in the face of big challenges.
- You possess outstanding organizational skills and have a passion for the details.
- You are empathetic and culturally competent. You’re open to having hard conversations.
- You thrive in innovative environments and are comfortable with the ambiguity that can come with a dynamic and progressive workplace.
- You’re committed to continuous improvement, see feedback as a positive, and have a growth mindset.
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Summit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.