IT Technician Assistant
Looking for a part-time summer opportunity? The IT department of Summit Public Schools is seeking an IT Technician Assistant to join the team. This person will support all aspects of the IT Department during the summer to prepare for onboarding incoming teachers, students, and other materials to launch the 2018-2019 school year. Responsibilities may include reviewing and examining incoming packages for damages, noting and recording all materials for inventory, and other IT support as needed.
This is a part-time opportunity estimated at 35 hours/week from June - September 2018.
Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with not only content knowledge, but the habits and skills to successfully navigate college and career, with a sense of purpose to anchor them? This is the question at the core of Summit Public Schools. Summit is a public school system serving heterogeneous communities in the Bay Area and Washington State and operate 11 schools serving over 3,600 students.
We share our personalized approach to teaching and learning for free through Summit Learning, with more than 330 partner schools across the country. Summit Learning forms the foundation on which Summit’s successful schools were built, with our schools consistently ranking among the best in the nation.
Are you looking for the opportunity to lead change? Do you want to help reimagine what schools should be? We put students in the driver’s seat and empower them with the skills and habits they need to be successful in college and life. We need diverse, driven, and dynamic talent to join our growing team to help realize our educational vision.
What You Need:
Key Qualities and Skills
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life.
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated from an accredited college/university undergraduate program.
- Proficiency in Google Platforms, including Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Slides.
- Experience with Windows Operation & Chrome Operating Systems.
- Unix/Linux knowledge is a plus.
- Imaging/Operating System cloning & network knowledge/skills are a plus.
- Access to your own transportation is required.
- An ability to lift up to 20+ lbs.
- An ability to unpack and examine packages, review for damaged items, and record shortages.
- Clear health and background check.
Who You Are:
- You maintain high expectations for all students and believe all students can find success in school, college, and life.
- You thrive while collaborating and are excited to work with your colleagues. You find positivity in share successes.
- You share our vision to reimagine what schools should be and are excited to make an impact on the public education landscape.
- You are data-driven and have the ability to collect, evaluate, and utilize data in meaningful ways.
- You take initiative and ownership in driving your work to meet personal and team goals.
- You thrive in innovative environments and are comfortable with the ambiguity that can come with a dynamic and progressive workplace.
- You’re committed to continuous improvement, see feedback as a positive, and have a growth mindset.
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Summit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.