As Senior Director of Analytics, you will manage the analytics team that supports the Research and Development efforts at Summit Public Schools. You and your team will be responsible for partnering with the R&D team to design and run the analyses, build the tools and find the insights needed to power Summit’s R&D Agenda.
The annual R&D agenda consists of a set of research projects with focuses such as improving the reliability of cognitive skills assessment, accelerating learning for students who are behind grade level in literacy and numeracy, integrating social-emotional learning into Summit’s tools and resources at scale, building out Platform-prompted SMSs for family engagement, and more. This role reports directly to Summit’s Chief Information Officer and works closely with leaders across the Summit organization.
Who we are:
Summit’s mission is to ensure that every student has the opportunity to not only attend, but succeed in, a four-year college or university. Driven by our unwavering commitment to our core values, Summit works every day to ensure our students are receiving a world-class education. We seek phenomenal individuals with the talents needed to transform children's lives, as well as those who are interested in working on the cutting edge of education. If you're excited by the prospect of transformative growth for yourself, as well as the students, schools, and communities we serve, Summit may be the place for you!
Summit Public Schools is a leading charter management organization serving diverse communities in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington State with currently eleven schools serving over 3,600 students. Summit schools have seen tremendous successes, including:
- 99 percent of Summit students have been accepted to one or more four-year colleges, and its graduates are completing college at double the national average
- Fast Company named Summit Public Schools a top 10 most innovative organization in education
- Our two flagship schools, Summit Prep and Everest, are named among US News & World Report's Best High Schools of 2015, and also ranked among America's Most Challenging High Schools by the Washington Post
- Summit Sierra, in Seattle, was named one of the most innovative schools in the world
Summit is proud to help teachers and students around the country benefit from personalized learning through the Summit Learning Program. Summit Learning is a free program that provides teachers and schools across the U.S. with the resources they need to bring Summit Learning into the classroom. Through the Summit Learning Program, we have partnered with approximately 330 schools, and 2,450 teachers across 40 states, and are providing 54,230 students a truly personalized learning experience.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Build, manage, and develop a team of highly skilled data scientists and analysts
- Manage data resources and allocation based on research needs
- Your team members will:
- Partner closely with the Directors of R&D Projects to identify questions and then answer those questions with data
- Design and run experiments and analyses using Python, SQL and our toolsets
- Define metrics and dashboards that the organization uses to make decisions
- Communicate findings from analyses to internal and external stakeholders
Key Qualities and Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to use data to power research
- Exceptional analytical skills, including proficiency in experimental design, regressions and statistical tests
- Expertise in statistical analysis tools and software (Python, R, SQL etc)
- Experience with business intelligence tools, especially Tableau
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills across a broad set of cross-functional stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, fluid and collaborative environment
- Desire to explore big and complex data to find insights and questions to explore
- 4+ years experience doing quantitative analysis
- 2+ years experience as a people manager (formally or informally)
- Meet health clearance, and pass the reference, background/criminal checks, per education code.
We strive to recruit a diverse team. Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Summit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.