What we want to accomplish and why we need you
Suki is creating a new category in the health-tech space: the digital assistant. Our product will be the voice user interface for healthcare. What does that mean? Currently, doctors use electronic medical-record systems to take notes on patient encounters. This is a digital version of the paper charts that you may have seen in your doctor’s office or on TV. These systems can be hard to navigate and time-consuming to manage. Doctors would rather spend that time with patients. We are creating the solution. Doctors that use Suki already spend over 70% less time on administrative tasks, and we’re striving to do even better. Come and join us!
We are a user-driven company and spend time with our customers to understand features that will truly make their lives better. We’re a team of technologists, clinicians, and industry experts working together to push the limits on technology used in medicine. We’re confident enough to move fast and talented enough not to break things.
What will you do everyday?
You will address the computational infrastructure with your knowledge and prior experience in ASR & NLP techniques and make improvements to our current processes. You will work directly on the platform that powers our microservices. You’ll help scale our platform for thousands of doctors and help improve usability. You’ll implement a microservices architecture and you’ll use Go to do it all. And you’ll be magnificent.
Ok, you're sold, but what are we looking for in the perfect candidate?
- Expertise: You know how to code. You understand our tech stack and can be productive with it. In other words, you’ve done this before.
- Action oriented: You love to build. You like to ship fast and quickly iterate.
- Creativity: You enjoy listening to user feedback and then building products in novel ways. You’re resourceful and enjoy finding alternate paths to success.
- Problem solving: you use data to help point you in the correct direction. You optimize relentlessly. You think business and engineering problems are like puzzles and you stick with them until they are solved.
- Humility: You’re humble and love working in a team without ego to deliver products
- Adaptability: You thrive in a fast-moving organization that uses light-weight processes and cutting-edge technology to have a huge impact.
- Confidence: You trust your abilities and you’re ready to push yourself to the next level.
- Proficient in C++/Python
- 5+ years in overall Machine Learning experience, with at least three years focused on ASR
- Proven record of an end to end workflow and ASR (Automated Speech Recognition) experience .
- Expert in the understanding, practice, and deployment of deep neural network models.
- Proven ability to build and maintain distributed backend services for ML/AI Applications
- Experience taking product technical design from inception to production
- Strong grasp of CS fundamentals including algorithms, data structures and design is preferred
*Requirements is such a strong word. We don’t necessarily expect to find a candidate that has done everything we’ve listed, but you should be able to make a credible case that you’ve done most of it and are ready for the challenge of adding some new things to your resume.
Tell me more about Suki
- On a roll: Named by Forbes as one of the top 50 companies in AI; named "Best New Startup" by Rock Health; announced a major partnership with Google.
- Great team: Founded, managed, and backed by successful tech veterans from Google and Apple and medical leaders from UCSF and Stanford. We have technologists and doctors working side-by-side to solve complex problems.
- Great investors: We’re backed by Venrock, First Round Capital, Marc Benioff, and others. With our $55M Series C financing, we have the resources to scale.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $30+ billion market for transcription, dictation, and order-entry solutions. Our vision is to become the voice user interface for healthcare, relieving the administrative burden on doctors instead of adding to it.
- Great customers: Help our doctors save time on data entry so they can focus on providing excellent care.
- Impact: You’ll make an impact from day one. You’ll join a team working towards a shared purpose with a culture built upon deep empathy for doctors and passion for making their lives better.
Suki is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a company that fosters inclusion and belonging and reflects the diverse communities we serve across the country. We know we are stronger this way, and we look forward to growing our team with these shared values.