What we want to accomplish and why we need you
Suki is creating a new category in the health tech space – the digital assistant. We are going to be the voice user interface for healthcare. What does that mean? Currently, doctors use their electronic medical record system to track patient encounters (a digital version of the old paper charts you used to see in your doctor's office and on TV). These systems can be hard to navigate and very time consuming to manage – time that doctors would rather have to spend with their patients. This is the problem we're solving right now! Doctors that use Suki already spend over 50% less time on administrative tasks and we're striving to do even better.
We are creating engaging product experiences, building applications and services that delight and empower doctors with experiences that they could never imagine with their health IT systems. We're a team of technologists, clinicians, and industry experts working together to push the limits on technology used in medicine and even how medicine is practiced.
What will you do everyday?
We are looking for a Software Architect who can work across stacks, front-end, back-end and whatever else needs attention. Specifically, you will be:
- Collaborating with the product, design and operations teams to build a world class product
- Programming in C++ and Golang utilizing a microservice architecture based on Protocol Buffers and GRPC.
- Owning, developing and maintaining backend distributed systems powering the Suki AI service using relational MySQL database clusters and Google Cloud data stores.
- Building machine learning algorithms and models to power Suki digital voice assistant, Suki platform and Suki dictation applications.
- Building an end-to-end system for managing machine learning models
- Maintaining continuous integration and deployment tools; creating unit and integration tests for written software code
Ok, you're sold, but what are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- More than 10+ years of strong product development experience in building distributed systems and microservices.
- Strong programming skills on Linux using C/C++ and/or Golang
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms and a strong understanding of concurrent programming
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize responsibilities based on changing requirements
- Superior organization, written/verbal communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must be a proven performer and team player that enjoy challenging assignments in a high-energy, fast growing and start-up workplace
- Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross functional teams to solve complex problems and building products spanning across multiple teams to deliver end-to-end products & features
- Bachelors/Masters degree from a tier1 college or university.
It is a huge plus if you have:
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Experience working with GRPC, GRPC context and Protocol Buffers
- Experience with infrastructure and systems engineering, and scaling services on cloud computing platforms like GCP
Tell me more about Suki
- On a roll: Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative companies, named Google’s Partner of the Year for AI/ML, named by Forbes as one of the top 50 companies in AI .
- Great team: Founded, managed, and backed by successful tech veterans from Google and Apple and medical leaders from UCSF and Stanford. We have technologists and doctors working side-by-side to solve complex problems.
- Great investors: We’re backed by Venrock, First Round Capital, Flare Capital, March Capital , and others. With our $55M Series C financing, we have the resources to scale.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $30+ billion market for transcription, dictation, and order-entry solutions. Our vision is to become the voice user interface for healthcare, relieving the administrative burden on doctors instead of adding to it.
- Great customers: Our solutions are used in health systems and clinics across the country, supporting clinicians across dozens of specialties. Check out what one of our users says about how Suki has helped his practice.
- Impact: You’ll make an impact from day one. You’ll join a team working towards a shared purpose with a culture built upon deep empathy for doctors and passion for making their lives better.
Suki is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a company that fosters inclusion and belonging and reflects the diverse communities we serve across the country. We know we are stronger this way and we look forward to growing our team with these shared values.