What we want to accomplish and why we need you
Suki is creating a new category in the health tech space – the digital assistant. We are going to be the voice user interface for healthcare. What does that mean? Currently, doctors use their electronic medical record system to track patient encounters (a digital version of the old paper charts you used to see in your doctor's office and on TV). These systems can be hard to navigate and very time consuming to manage – time that doctors would rather have to spend with their patients. This is the problem we're solving right now! Doctors that use Suki already spend over 50% less time on administrative tasks and we're striving to do even better.
What will you do everyday?
We are looking for a Senior GoLang developer to join our backend platform team. Specifically, you will be:
- Collaborating with the product, design and operations teams to build a world class product
- Architecting, developing, owning and maintaining highly scalable distributed services and solutions
- Implementing a microservices based architecture using GoLang
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and maintaining high standards of code quality
- Maintaining continuous integration and deployment tools; creating unit and integration tests for written software code
Ok, you're sold, but what are we looking for in the perfect candidate?
- Expertise: You know how to code. You understand our tech stack and can be productive with it. In other words, you’ve done this before.
- Action oriented: You love to build. You like to ship fast and quickly iterate.
- Creativity: You enjoy listening to user feedback and then building product in novel ways. You’re resourceful and enjoy finding alternate paths to success.
- Problem solving: you use data to help point you in the correct direction. You optimize relentlessly. You think business and engineering problems are like puzzles and you stick with them until they are solved.
- Humility: You’re humble and love working in a team without ego to deliver products
- Adaptability: You thrive in a fast-moving organization that uses light-weight process and cutting-edge technology to have a huge impact.
- Confidence: You trust your abilities and you’re ready to push yourself to the next level.
- More than 7 years of strong product development experience in building distributed systems and microservices.
- Strong programming skills on Linux using Go
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms and a strong understanding of concurrent programming
- Superior organization, written/verbal communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross functional teams to solve complex problems and building products spanning across geographically distributed teams to deliver end-to-end products & features
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize responsibilities based on changing requirements
- Bachelors/Masters degree from a tier1 college or university
It will be a huge plus if you have:
- Experience working with GRPC, GRPC context and Protocol Buffers
- Experience with infrastructure and systems engineering, and scaling services on cloud computing platforms like GCP
Tell me more about Suki
- Series B raised this year!
- On a roll: Announced major partnerships with Google
- Great team: Founded, managed and backed by successful veterans of Google and Apple in tech and UCSF and Stanford in medicine. We have technologists and doctors working side by side to solve difficult problems.
- Great investors: We’re backed by Venrock, First Round Capital, Flare Capital Partners, Marc Benioff and others.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $30+ billion market for transcription, dictation and order entry solutions - our vision is to become the voice user interface for healthcare, bringing innovation that relieves the administrative burden on doctors instead of adding to it.
- Great customers: Help our doctors save time in their day so they can focus on providing great care.
- Impact: A fun and exciting start-up culture that empowers its people to make a huge impact.
Suki is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a company that fosters inclusion and belonging and reflects the diverse communities we serve across the country. We know we are stronger this way and we look forward to growing our team with these shared values.