What we want to accomplish and why we need you
Suki is creating a new category in the health tech space – the digital assistant. We are going to be the voice user interface for healthcare. What does that mean? Currently, doctors use their electronic medical record system to track patient encounters (a digital version of the old paper charts you used to see in your doctor's office and on TV). These systems can be hard to navigate and very time consuming to manage – time that doctors would rather have to spend with their patients. This is the problem we're solving right now! Doctors that use Suki already spend over 50% less time on administrative tasks and we're striving to do even better.
We are creating engaging product experiences, building applications and services that delight and empower doctors with experiences that they could never imagine with their health IT systems. We're a team of technologists, clinicians, and industry experts working together to push the limits on technology used in medicine and even how medicine is practiced.
What will you do everyday?
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer who can work across stacks, front-end, back-end and whatever else needs attention. Specifically, you will be:
- Collaborating with the product, design and operations teams to build a world class product
- Programming in C++ and Python utilizing a microservice architecture based on Protocol Buffers and GRPC.
- Owning, developing and maintaining backend distributed systems powering the Suki AI service using relational MySQL database clusters and Google Cloud data stores.
- Building machine learning algorithms and models to power Suki digital voice assistant, Suki platform and Suki dictation applications.
- Building an end-to-end system for managing machine learning models
- Maintaining continuous integration and deployment tools; creating unit and integration tests for written software code
Ok, you're sold, but what are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- More than 7 years of strong product development experience in building distributed systems and microservices.
- Strong programming skills on Linux using C/C++ and/or Python
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms and a strong understanding of concurrent programming
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize responsibilities based on changing requirements
- Superior organization, written/verbal communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must be a proven performer and team player that enjoy challenging assignments in a high-energy, fast growing and start-up workplace
- Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross functional teams to solve complex problems and building products spanning across multiple teams to deliver end-to-end products & features
- Bachelors/Masters degree from a tier1 college or university.
It is a huge plus if you have:
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Experience working with GRPC, GRPC context and Protocol Buffers
- Experience with infrastructure and systems engineering, and scaling services on cloud computing platforms like GCP
Tell me more about Suki
- Series B raised this year!
- On a roll: Announced major partnerships with Google
- Great team: Founded, managed and backed by successful veterans of Google and Apple in tech and UCSF and Stanford in medicine. We have technologists and doctors working side by side to solve difficult problems.
- Great investors: We’re backed by Venrock, First Round Capital, Flare Capital Partners, Marc Benioff and others.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $30+ billion market for transcription, dictation and order entry solutions - our vision is to become the voice user interface for healthcare, bringing innovation that relieves the administrative burden on doctors instead of adding to it.
- Great customers: Help our doctors save time in their day so they can focus on providing great care.
- Impact: A fun and exciting start-up culture that empowers its people to make a huge impact.
Suki is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a company that fosters inclusion and belonging and reflects the diverse communities we serve across the country. We know we are stronger this way and we look forward to growing our team with these shared values.