At Sugar, we make residential properties feel like home by fostering community among residents and integrating deeply with the technology stack that powers modern buildings.
We're looking for an experienced Sales Executive to help us drive our mission forward.
Our company is looking to add a Sales Executive to our growing team. This role will focus on all aspects of lead and opportunity nurturing to continuously push leads through the pipeline efficiently. We need a Sales Executive who can take ownership of and foster positive relationships with prospects within the real estate industry. If you know how to find unique ways to communicate the value proposition of SaaS products to potential customers and have the grit and determination needed to close deals, you’d be a perfect fit for this position. We offer excellent benefits, a competitive starting salary and paid vacation as well as opportunities for advancement.
This role is fully and forever remote (US) and reports to the COO.
Working @ Sugar
On top of interesting and impactful work, Sugar provides:
- Sane working hours
- 15 days/year PTO + All major holidays off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Insurance Coverage (Sugar pays 80% for employee + dependents)
- $100/month Health + Wellness Stipend (gym membership, yoga classes, massages, therapy, etc.)
- $1000/year professional development stipend (conferences, leadership / communication coaches, books, courses, etc.)
What we're looking for
- You have 3+ years of experience selling B2B SaaS products
- You're humble, kind, and self-aware
- Track record of meeting and exceeding quarterly and annual sales goals
- Proficient understanding of sales principles and strategies
- You're an excellent business communicator and storyteller with an ability to explain complex ideas in a simple way
- You thrive in early-stage startup environments with an ability to work closely with a tight-knit team while taking ownership over the products you sell
- You’re willing to go the extra mile to nurture relationships, convert leads to opportunities, and close deals
- You have experience in commercial or residential real estate
- You have experience working with physical access control systems
- Track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals
What interviewing @ Sugar looks like
- 15-30 min initial phone call with the hiring manager to get to know who you are, what you're looking for and what you've sold in the past
- 1 hour formal interview with experience and case study questions
- Final round take-home assignment and 10 min sales pitch of Sugar
The problem space (and opportunity)
Most residential apps are clunky, outdated, and a pain to use. Tasks as simple as paying rent, communicating with your property manager, or unlocking your door are cumbersome and tedious. Many residents feel isolated and disconnected from their neighbors, which is especially relevant in the light of COVID-19 and its impact. This leads to high resident turnover, negative online reviews, and decreased revenue for building owners.
Our users trust us with one of the most personal aspects of their lives - access to their home and their community. As such, we hold ourselves to incredibly high standards of reliability, security, and usability. Building systems that meet these demands is a challenging task.
Selling the systems that represent the future of residential living is brimming with complexity and opportunity. We'd love your help.