This is a full-time role in our San Francisco or New York office or remote in the United States.
We’re looking for a talented HR Generalist to join the team at Substack. You’ll work with a small group of people to strategize and implement systems, processes, and programs to help employees succeed and grow.
Substack’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, and exceptional benefits. Our cash compensation salary range for this role is $95,000 - $115,000. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
- Manage payroll, benefits, and HR admin through SequoiaOne
- Conduct benefit orientation and coordination of benefits enrollment
- Act as an advocate and resource for Substack employees
- Build processes and help employees find answers to everything from onboarding to offboarding to benefits to performance management.
- Advise and consult management on HR policies and programs, such as leaves of absence
- Support processes for recruiting, candidate interviews, and employee onboarding, using Greenhouse and other tools
- Work with the People team and internal counsel to ensure Substack stays on top of compliance needs
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of our employee handbook, employee directory and organizational chart, and contributes to the development of policies
- A minimum of 2 – 4 years of Benefits Administration, HRIS or Human Resources Generalist experience with a strong emphasis on Benefits Administration and HRIS
- Take pride in setting up other people to be successful in their work
- Are self-motivated. You enjoy setting deadlines for yourself and getting things done on tight timeframes with minimal direction
- Are a lover of spreadsheets and filing systems, but you also like to let your creative side loose
- Are an avid reader, and perhaps even a writer
- Proficient in recruiting tools, such as Greenhouse and GoodTime
- Advanced knowledge of GSuite, HR federal laws, and regulations
Substack is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or transgender status), age, national origin, veteran or disability status. We’re seeking people passionate about enabling independent expression and building a better business model for creators. If you want to see what media, communities, and content can become when unmoored from advertising models, and you have the skills and experience to contribute, we’d love to meet you.