Sales Development Representative
Subsplash—The Ultimate Engagement Platform™ for churches, Christian ministries, non-profits, and businesses around the world, serves 14,000+ clients, creating impactful products, and delighting the 40 million real people who use our platform every day. Subsplash is one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. (Inc. 5,000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2020) and has won awards for best mobile experience, been voted one of Seattle and Austin’s best places to work multiple years in a row, created some of the most downloaded apps of all time, and built enterprise software for world-class brands like XBOX, Microsoft, Samsung, Expedia, and Cisco; yet, at the end of the day, our passion is to equip churches to make a lasting impact in our world. Our team of 20+ mission-driven people who are committed to our core values of humility, innovation, and excellence has pioneered the market with over 30-firsts for the church market including the first-ever church mobile app.
Working at Subsplash is more than just a job; we are a team of people who are courageous, inventive, and passionate about doing meaningful work every day. Don’t take our word for it—head to Glassdoor and see for yourself!
About the Team
The Sales team at Subsplash is all about driving revenue and growing relationships with prospects and clients. We are constantly striving to find ways to connect with clients and fill their needs through our product, and communicate the value of what we offer. The Sales Team is a high-energy, Friday think-tanking, relationship-based, enthusiastic team with clear goals and incentives linked to team and company success. Sales likes a little healthy competition now and then, both on and off the spikeball court.
About The Role
As a Sales Development Representative, you will report to the Sales Manager. The SDR role is focused on generating new business for Subsplash through sourcing and identifying organizations that will benefit from Subsplash services, building rapport with the gatekeepers, connecting with decision makers to set up meetings with the Sr. Reps, and demonstrating the value that Subsplash can deliver by helping them achieve their goals. Your primary objective is to focus on the best opportunities available to Subsplash in order to maximize MRR (Monthly Recurring Revenue) by generating and qualifying new leads for Sr. Reps. The SDRs are a part of a growing team of people who are part super-sleuth, part bloodhound, part evangelist. Together, they find success for Subsplash and our clients by fostering relationships with prospects, identifying market trends and what success looks like for each organization, and partnering with them to reach their goals and make more fans of Subsplash.
Top Priorities In Year 1
- Represent Subsplash’s products and services, starting with a comprehensive understanding. of the platform and leading to consumer research to identify how our solutions meet needs.
- Generate leads and build relationships by nurturing warm prospects and finding new potential sales outlets.
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects and engage Sr. Representatives for next steps.
- Identify best practices to refine the company’s lead generation playbook.
- Become an integral part of our revenue growth strategy.
- Utilize Salesforce, cold calling, and email to generate and source new sales opportunities.
- Engage with curiosity utilizing the discovery strengths needed for a complete solutions pitch.
- Pipeline management, through customized outreach strategies.
- Identify prospect’s needs and note them in Salesforce for demo purposes after the lead hand-off.
- Build relationships with prospects to qualify leads as sales opportunities.
- Demonstrate being an introductory expert on Subsplash Platforms and services.
- Set up meetings or calls with (prospective) customers and Sr. Representatives.
- Report to the Sales Manager with weekly, monthly, and quarterly results.
- Effectively use provided technology, and account information to generate interest from prospects.
- Assess prospect needs and present appropriate solutions.
- Convert prospects into warm leads by scheduling a demo call with Sr. Representatives.
- Participate in team‐building and company‐growth activities.
- Manage and track customer and transactional information in a CRM system.
- A desire to learn and develop sales skills within the tech industry.
- Demonstrates drive for humility, innovation, and excellence.
- Motivation for sales and commitment to team mission.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- An active listener, influencing people with solutions tailored to their needs.
- Passionate about creating friends out of strangers. Creating fans of you and Subsplash.
- Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the technology industry.
- Resilience in a high energy environment.
- Exhibit technical savviness.
- Knowledge of church staff roles and dynamics is a plus.
- Strong desire and ability to move up within a sales organization.
Generous Paid Time Off, Medical Coverage, Dental Coverage, Vision Coverage, short and long term disability and life insurance all free of charge, Competitive Compensation, 401k Matching, Professional Development, Top of the Line Equipment, Referral Program, Parental Leave, Family-Friendly Culture, and the chance to work side-by-side with thought leaders in emerging tech
Note: Employment with Subsplash is contingent upon satisfactory proof of employee’s right to work in the U.S., as required by law and upon completion of a basic background check and; Employment with Subsplash is considered “at will,” meaning that either the company or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time without cause or notice. Subsplash is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value all human life as all people are created with equal dignity, value, and worth. We do not discriminate on the ground of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability or national origin, or genetic information in the hiring, retention, or promotion of employees; nor in determining their rank, or the compensation or fringe benefits paid them.