Subspace is a dedicated, secure network for delivering tomorrow’s internet today. From mission-critical real-time applications to in-network applications, Subspace helps companies create the best possible real-time experiences.
While the biggest multiplayer games in the world already use Subspace to create the most competitive and engaging online experiences, we are taking Subspace to even more industries, helping them create the best possible real-time experiences for voice, video, and in-network applications.
As a company, we're hyper-focused on making the internet of tomorrow a reality today. We are backed by top Silicon Valley VCs (Lux Capital, Telstra, 01 Advisors) and run by former executives from tech companies including Riot Games, King, and Avaya. We are hiring people who help us raise the bar, add to our culture, and bring positivity, enthusiasm, and pride to what we are building. Our team members exhibit curiosity, are proactive by nature, genuinely enjoy complex challenges, and share a keen sense of urgency. At Subspace, every millisecond counts.
Subspace has a disciplined, focused engineering organization that's small enough for individual contributors to have broad and substantial influence. Every engineer contributes to the design of our product and the tools we use. We strive to build well-engineered and well-behaved systems, aiming for comprehensive end-to-end testing in user interfaces, accessibility, and data instrumentation. We believe that investing in strong engineering practices speeds our decision-making by providing us the context needed to iterate quickly.
We're looking for a Systems Reliability Engineer to help build out the next phase of our global infrastructure. As a member of our Pop Operations Team, you’ll collaborate with our Software & Network Engineering, and Infrastructure teams to successfully deploy and maintain scalable, fault-tolerant network topologies. We are committed to continuous improvement and innovation, so you’ll be encouraged to get creative as you solve complex problems related to traffic engineering, orchestration, instrumentation, automation, and telemetry.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate with network, software, and infrastructure engineers on network optimization and building the subspace platform.
- Build and maintain the platform through our configuration management system.
- Automate processes and workflows.
- Maintain an and troubleshoot highly available API.
- Build and maintain infrastructure as code.
What you bring to the table:
- 4+ years of technical experience in networking and/or infrastructure, as well as experience in an incident management or network operations center environment. (SRE, Devops, Security Operations etc.)
- Solid understanding of linux and ability to create and maintain scripts
- Experience building tools using Python and/or Go
- Experience setting up and monitoring metrics with applications like Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana, NewRelic, DataDog etc
- Experience setting up correlating alerts for metrics using applications like PagerDuty, Alerta, BigPanda, or ServiceNow
- Solid understanding of common network protocols and concepts like TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, IPv6, and Anycast routing
*Position is fully remote*
Subspace's mission is to build a momentous software-defined network and make it universally available and impactful. Our goal is to serve the globe, which requires a team that is representative of the world that we serve. As a company we embrace an accelerated approach to diversity and inclusion, and support and encourage our employees to be comfortable bringing their full, authentic selves to work. We believe in fostering an environment where diverse perspectives thrive; this core value is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success.