Subspace is a dedicated, secure network for delivering tomorrow’s internet today. From mission-critical real-time applications to in-network applications, Subspace helps companies create the best possible real-time experiences.
While the biggest multiplayer games in the world already use Subspace to create the most competitive and engaging online experiences, we are taking Subspace to even more industries, helping them create the best possible real-time experiences for voice, video, and in-network applications.
As a company, we're hyper-focused on making the internet of tomorrow a reality today. We are backed by top Silicon Valley VCs (Lux Capital, Telstra, 01 Advisors) and run by former executives from tech companies including Riot Games, King, and Avaya. We are hiring people who help us raise the bar, add to our culture, and bring positivity, enthusiasm, and pride to what we are building. Our team members exhibit curiosity, are proactive by nature, genuinely enjoy complex challenges, and share a keen sense of urgency. At Subspace, every millisecond counts.
We're looking for a Senior Customer Support Engineer to join our Customer Support team and help design, operate and optimize our new Customer Support Team. You’ll collaborate with our Sales, product engineering, software engineering, and Global Network teams to develop and deploy processes and tools to support our rapidly growing customer base. We are committed to continuous improvement and innovation, so you’ll be encouraged to get creative as you solve complex problems and diagnose faults. Customer Satisfaction is your primary responsibility.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide coverage for technical troubleshooting of escalated issues. (there is likely to be shift rotations to cover weekends, when the team is sufficiently scaled
- Triage Customer issues and provide solutions, working with other teams as required
- Work cross-functionally with various teams across the company from engineering to sales to ensure customer satisfaction
What you bring to the table:
- 3 years of customer-facing technical experience, preferably technical support or system reliability engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to disseminate clear and appropriate information to both business and technical audiences
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments, and projects
- Extensive technical support experience, supporting customers using internet based products.
- Experience troubleshooting application protocols (HTTP, DNS - TURN / Voice / SIP a bonus)
- Experience troubleshooting network infrastructure at Layers 3 and 4
- Experience with Linux command line tools to diagnose faults
- Experience analyzing data using tools like grafana, prometheus, SQL
- Ability to clarify complex technical issues and work across teams to resolve
- Ability to identify and suggest process improvements
- Motivated, self managing and strong relationship building
- Comfort handling inbound and outbound customer communication
This job might be for you if you have:
- Experience administering Zendesk
*Position is fully remote*
Subspace's mission is to build a momentous software-defined network and make it universally available and impactful. Our goal is to serve the globe, which requires a team that is representative of the world that we serve. As a company we embrace an accelerated approach to diversity and inclusion, and support and encourage our employees to be comfortable bringing their full, authentic selves to work. We believe in fostering an environment where diverse perspectives thrive; this core value is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success.