Subspace is a dedicated, secure network for delivering tomorrow’s internet today. From mission-critical real-time applications to in-network applications, Subspace helps companies create the best possible real-time experiences.
While the biggest multiplayer games in the world already use Subspace to create the most competitive and engaging online experiences, we are taking Subspace to even more industries, helping them create the best possible real-time experiences for voice, video, and in-network applications.
As a company, we're hyper-focused on making the internet of tomorrow a reality today. We are backed by top Silicon Valley VCs (Lux Capital, Telstra, 01 Advisors) and run by former executives from tech companies including Riot Games, King, and Avaya. We are hiring people who help us raise the bar, add to our culture, and bring positivity, enthusiasm, and pride to what we are building. Our team members exhibit curiosity, are proactive by nature, genuinely enjoy complex challenges, and share a keen sense of urgency. At Subspace, every millisecond counts.
We're looking for a freelance Technical Writer to join our team. You will produce content that will distill technical subjects into clear, tailored messaging for technical and non-technical audiences. The ideal candidate can dedicate 20+ hrs a week and be expected to set their schedule, research, ideate, and produce content while working within the timelines of our Marketing Team.
What you'll be doing:
- Writing long-form content (blog posts, articles, ebooks, white papers, guides, landing pages, emails, etc.)
- Writing short-form social copy (Tweets, Linkedin posts, Facebook posts, Instagram captions, etc.)
- Researching your content, collecting both quantitative and qualitative information to support content credibility
- Combining creativity and keyword research to generate strategic content ideas and make strategic recommendations
- Collaborating with external creative agency partners and internal stakeholders to produce quick turnaround content that meets expectations and deadlines
What you bring to the table:
- 5 + years as a technical writer with relevant content strategy, technical content management, written and/or video content creation experience
- B.A. in Journalism, Communications, or English, or comparable experience
- Experience working with technology teams or within the tech space to help document processes, procedures, user guides, and diagrams for systems
- Experience working for B2B SaaS companies with voice, networking, and infrastructure writing preferred
- Strong attention to detail - you take a 'big picture approach while still sweating the details.
- Your strengths as a flexible, motivated self-starter who is highly organized and can distill complex topics into clear, elegant, and focused messaging
- Ability to research topics to help shape content direction
- Strong time management and juggling several projects with differing timelines and the ability to manage your schedule
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and SEO tools like Moz, Ahrefs, and SEMrush
- Willingness to share writing samples and complete a (paid) test project, if needed
Subspace's mission is to build a momentous software-defined network and make it universally available and impactful. Our goal is to serve the globe, which requires a team that is representative of the world that we serve. As a company we embrace an accelerated approach to diversity and inclusion, and support and encourage our employees to be comfortable bringing their full, authentic selves to work. We believe in fostering an environment where diverse perspectives thrive; this core value is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success.