Subspace is a dedicated, secure network for delivering tomorrow’s internet today. From mission-critical real-time applications to in-network applications, Subspace helps companies create the best possible real-time experiences. While some of the biggest multiplayer games in the world already use Subspace to create the most competitive and engaging online experiences, we are taking Subspace to even more industries, helping them create the best possible real-time experiences for voice, video, and in-network applications.
The largest companies in the world use Subspace to create the most competitive and engaging online experience possible. Backed by top Silicon Valley VCs and run by leaders formerly at tech companies including Riot Games, SpaceX, King, and Snap and leading Telecom companies. Subspace builds deep tech in global networking.
We hire people who help us raise the bar, add to our culture, and bring positivity, enthusiasm, and pride to our building. Our team members exhibit curiosity, are proactive by nature, genuinely enjoy complex challenges, and share a keen sense of urgency.
Subspace has a disciplined, focused engineering organization that's small enough for individual contributors to have broad and substantial influence. Every engineer contributes to the design of our product and the tools we use. We strive to build reliable systems, aiming for comprehensive end-to-end testing in user interfaces, accessibility, and data instrumentation. We believe that investing in strong engineering practices allows us to move more quickly.
We are looking for our first Sales Engineer; in this role, you will serve as a technical evangelist responsible for defining customer requirements and designing solutions that fit our portfolio of software and services.
What you'll be doing:
- Partner with the Sales Team to articulate the overall Subspace's value proposition, vision, and strategy to customers
- Own technical engagement with customers during the trial phase. Communicate Subspace's value based on activities and work with customers on any identified issues or concerns to a successful conclusion
- Technically close complex opportunities through advanced competitive knowledge, technical skill, and credibility
- Deliver product and technical briefings/presentations to potential clients
- Maintain accurate notes and feedback in CRM regarding customer input, both wins, and losses
- Proactively engage and communicate with customers and Subspace business/technical teams regarding product feedback and competitive landscape.
What you bring to the table:
- Passionate about educating customers on observability risks that are meaningful to their business
- Able to build and execute an evaluation plan with a customer
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. This role requires an ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical advantages of our offering.
- Able to think creatively about a wide variety of challenges. You're going to find new things every day.
- 3+ years of experience serving in the capacity of a Technical Sales Engineer in a SaaS (Software as a Service) environment, or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Knowledge and demonstrated operational experience in the following areas of specialization: Voice, Video, Messaging, and Mobile Communication (STUN, TURN, RTP, RTCP, SIP, and VoIP protocols)
- Knowledge of TCIP, Linux, Routing (BGP), and networking preferred
Subspace's mission is to build a momentous software-defined network and make it universally available and impactful. Our goal is to serve the globe, which requires a team representing the world that we serve. As a company, we embrace an accelerated approach to diversity and inclusion and support and encourage our employees to be comfortable bringing their full, authentic selves to work. We believe in fostering an environment where diverse perspectives thrive; this core value is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success.