Subspace is a dedicated, secure network for delivering tomorrow’s internet today. From mission-critical real-time applications to in-network applications, Subspace helps companies create the best possible real-time experiences.
While the biggest multiplayer games in the world already use Subspace to create the most competitive and engaging online experiences, we are taking Subspace to even more industries, helping them create the best possible real-time experiences for voice, video, and in-network applications.
As a company, we're hyper-focused on making the internet of tomorrow a reality today. We are backed by top Silicon Valley VCs (Lux Capital, Telstra, 01 Advisors) and run by former executives from tech companies including Riot Games, King, and Avaya. We are hiring people who help us raise the bar, add to our culture, and bring positivity, enthusiasm, and pride to what we are building. Our team members exhibit curiosity, are proactive by nature, genuinely enjoy complex challenges, and share a keen sense of urgency. At Subspace, every millisecond counts.
Subspace has a disciplined, focused engineering organization that's small enough for individual contributors to have broad and substantial influence. Every engineer contributes to the design of our product and the tools we use. We strive to build well-engineered and well-behaved systems, aiming for comprehensive end-to-end testing in user interfaces, accessibility, and data instrumentation. We believe that investing in strong engineering practices speeds our decision-making by providing us the context needed to iterate quickly.
We’re looking for a Site Operations Engineer to help build out the next phase of our global infrastructure. As a member of our Pop Operations Team, you’ll collaborate with our Network Engineers, Systems Engineers and logistics team to fast-track deployment of our network while keeping Subspace infrastructure on-line and healthy supporting our growth.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage and maintain Subspace global network and server infrastructure footprint. Work will primarily be remote.
- Coordinate hardware logistics to on-site delivery, installation and configuration of hardware and software as well as circuit ordering and turnup.
- Work with service providers, Data Center teams and other 3rd party vendors to install and maintain network and server equipment
- Diagnose/troubleshoot hardware and connectivity issues, using remote tools and/or instructing technicians
- Running scripts to install Operating Systems, software and completing go live turn up’s, identifying and escalating issues as they arise
- Manage projects delivering new capacity, installations and upgrades, working with Logistics and Network development teams to coordinate efficient deployment of assets.
- Asset management: audit, labeling, and documentation of Subspace resources
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years in a Data Center position within critical facilities
- Infrastructure management experience including maintenance and monitoring systems with IPAM/DCIM tools and deep understanding of data center workflows, power management, cooling, and space.
- Experience building rack elevations and working with cabling standards
- System administration experience (such as Linux, BASH scripting, GIT familiarity, Python scripting, server provisioning/OS imaging).
- Network administration experience with circuit provisioning (BGP configuration, generating LOAs, network topology, CIDR notation, TCP/IP) and ISP coordination/management.
- General knowledge of Unix Operating systems / comfortable working on the command line
- General understanding of electrical and mechanical systems used in a Data Center environment (UPS, Transformers, HVAC, etc.)
- Able to navigate and work alone in an un-supervised environment
- The ability and willingness to travel, globally as required from time to time (post Covid), would be a bonus.
Subspace's mission is to build a momentous software-defined network and make it universally available and impactful. Our goal is to serve the globe, which requires a team that is representative of the world that we serve. As a company we embrace an accelerated approach to diversity and inclusion, and support and encourage our employees to be comfortable bringing their full, authentic selves to work. We believe in fostering an environment where diverse perspectives thrive; this core value is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success.